Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am trying to be more careful about wiping down surfaces

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

I have wipes that supposedly kill viruses, and since there are some nasties going around I could use some suggestions on where and how often to use them?

I know of light switches, door knobs, faucet and toilet handles, phones, remotes..where else?

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I use white vinegar and water. I don't like the harshness of those wipes . I think you've got all the spots covered.
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I LOVE Norwex for this. It sounds like you've got all the big places covered. I'd also wipe down areas like the fridge door handle, cabinet handles, etc.
CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Fridge and stove door handles, car door handles, car keys.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Thank you. :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme: I use white vinegar and water. I don't like the harshness of those wipes . I think you've got all the spots covered.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Oh! Forgot about cabinet and fridge door handles. :(

Quoting ELFs_Mommy: I LOVE Norwex for this. It sounds like you've got all the big places covered. I'd also wipe down areas like the fridge door handle, cabinet handles, etc.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:01 PM

I didn't do the cars at all, and I can see that the handles, keys, steering wheels, would be candidates for spreading germs. Thank you for the reminders.

Quoting CP2017:

PaisleyBirds
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Refrigerator, microwave, soap dispenser, coffee pot, drawers, I sometimes wipe down handles of milk jugs too. You probably do this but change out hand towels every day.

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup. And make sure you have hand sanitizer in the car and use it after filling up your gas tank before touching ANYTHING else. that is one of the dirtiest surfaces in the world, the keypad and handle for the gas. 

Quoting Bmat:

I didn't do the cars at all, and I can see that the handles, keys, steering wheels, would be candidates for spreading germs. Thank you for the reminders.

Quoting CP2017:

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:07 PM

I missed quite a few places, I see. Thank you for the reminder. And about the hand towels.

Quoting PaisleyBirds:

Refrigerator, microwave, soap dispenser, coffee pot, drawers, I sometimes wipe down handles of milk jugs too. You probably do this but change out hand towels every day.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:08 PM

I didn't know this either!

Quoting CP2017:

Yup. And make sure you have hand sanitizer in the car and use it after filling up your gas tank before touching ANYTHING else. that is one of the dirtiest surfaces in the world, the keypad and handle for the gas. 

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)