Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you look for when buying apparel & accessories for your little one??

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm looking into starting a children's clothing line starting with a few apparel items & accessories (bibs, blankets, burp clothes, etc.) 

I was looking for some feedback from moms on what they look for when buying these kind of items? 

For example; 

-Price vs. quality of product. Do you prefer cheaper items or are you more likely to pay a little more for better quality? 

-Is organic material important to you?

-Item/ or print being unique and not an item you see every other mom with? 

-Do you take into consideration where the item is made? 

These are just some examples but I'd love to hear some feedback from moms on what you look at when buying for your little one! Thanks in advance! 

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Reina13
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always preferred quality and good organic products. Kids skin can be so sensitive that I prefer more natural fibers. I don't mind paying a little more for a good product.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I like good quality but hate to spend too much money on things that won't be used for long.

Organic material and the uniqueness of the item does not matter to me.  I don't take into consideration where something's made.

My first consideration is cost and my second is quality, though I disdain low quality items . . . so I am a frequent garage sale or thrift store shopper or outlet store shopper.

Quoting ashley0408:

I'm looking into starting a children's clothing line starting with a few apparel items & accessories (bibs, blankets, burp clothes, etc.) 

I was looking for some feedback from moms on what they look for when buying these kind of items? 

For example; 

-Price vs. quality of product. Do you prefer cheaper items or are you more likely to pay a little more for better quality? 

-Is organic material important to you?

-Item/ or print being unique and not an item you see every other mom with? 

-Do you take into consideration where the item is made? 

These are just some examples but I'd love to hear some feedback from moms on what you look at when buying for your little one! Thanks in advance! 

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I really look for everything made in the USA. When my DD was little it had to be easy to get in and out of. Always looked at the head opening of tops and dresses. Natural fibers are important, but not necessarily organic. The hardest thing to find are warm coats that don't cost a fortune Style is personal, and I have no problem dressing my DD in black even when she was in baby. Lastly price vs. Quality. Lots of parents love Old Navy, but their clothes fall apart before they grow out of them. I would rather go to a place like Gymboree and pay a little more for quality. I shop sales and stock up on a bigger size at the end of the season.
anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, we look at price. Especially when they are little and going through clothes every 3 months. Quality is for grandparents to buy!
babyboxfish
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

same here!

Quoting anotherandree: Honestly, we look at price. Especially when they are little and going through clothes every 3 months. Quality is for grandparents to buy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)