Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with 2 year old daughter

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
My 2 year old daughter gets her feelings hurt really easy. Anything you say to her she gets sad. This recently just started a couple of weeks ago. Is this just a phase toddler girls go through. Anyone else experience this.
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyboxfish
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

awww, poor thing! bumping for answers for you.

tlynn28
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:19 PM
Thank you

Quoting babyboxfish:

awww, poor thing! bumping for answers for you.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 3:46 AM

Awwww.  I don't recall that stage in my kids . . . just go with the flow.  They move through stages so fast that you kind of just have to enjoy them, even the more difficult stages.

Good luck!

cammy02
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 8:45 AM

my son was like that he is now 7 and still a little sensitive. he dosent cry all the time anymore but he gets upset often.

Marivilla
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:18 AM
My two year old gets like that if I'm on the phone and shoo him away. He gets over it quickly though
cookmom69
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:22 AM

my 2 yr old grand daughter gets her feelings hurt easily, she gets sad. It is most likely a phase. However I wonder what goes on with her other grandparents. they have been known to yell at her when she was a baby. When I see her get sad I just tell her how good she is and try to give her positive redirection. She doesn't have good speaking skills so maybe that could be it as well. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:35 AM

A phase and don't let it get to you.  You have a LONG way to go parenting and being a lax parent ruins kids.  

Handsup4
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM
My two year old will fall on the floor and cry like I've just destroyed her world, when I tell her to stop doing things. I don't yell, I ask nicely, it's crazy.
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2017 at 8:47 AM

Phase. Don't over react. Reflect her feelings. I.e. I'm sorry that made you feel _____. Quick hug, move on.

Southernmom924
by Member on Feb. 23, 2017 at 1:32 PM

My daughter is now doing this at age 9.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)