Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting back with my exhusband

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My exhusband and me are getting back together after 2 years of being divorced and living separate. We are looking for an apartment to share, that we will be moving to soon. How do I make this a smooth transition for the children? (they are 4 and 7) Honestly they will be stoked to have mommy and daddy under one roof again. We never told them we are dating, but I'm sure they kinda know because we are doing a lot as a family again (which they love). I know our divorce was a big transition for them, and they adapted, but I want to make sure reuniting our family goes smoothly.

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!

I don't have any advice . . . but I do want to caution you that with any change kids can have a tough time, even a "good" change.  Be patient with them and with yourselves. 

Good luck!  (Hopefully someone else has some good advice for you!)

Quoting Nicholy10:

My exhusband and me are getting back together after 2 years of being divorced and living separate. We are looking for an apartment to share, that we will be moving to soon. How do I make this a smooth transition for the children? (they are 4 and 7) Honestly they will be stoked to have mommy and daddy under one roof again. We never told them we are dating, but I'm sure they kinda know because we are doing a lot as a family again (which they love). I know our divorce was a big transition for them, and they adapted, but I want to make sure reuniting our family goes smoothly.

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope it works out for your family.
K3412
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Honestly, I would make dang sure that it was the real thing and that you are going to work out long term this time. It would be terrible on your children to start this again, and then have it fall apart again.

The only advice I have is to take it slowly. They could easily get crushed again if it doesn't work out. This isn't a game.

louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I just hope it all works out.  I'm sure the kids will be super happy but I agree with the first post....take it easy and understand that there could be an adjustment period.  Good luck to all of you!!  Keep us posted.  :)

babyboxfish
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 10:13 PM

sending you love and hoping it works out!

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2017 at 1:19 PM
Wishing you the best of luck and hope all goes well.
conweis
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Maybe a surprise party for the kids.
But make sure you go to marital counseling or some type of plan to nit have a separation repeat
CP2017
by Member on Mar. 1, 2017 at 7:09 AM
I would wait until you've been together for longer than you've been divorced and have made it work well for a long time. Good luck.
Medic729
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Just take it slowly and talk to the kids. Ask them how they feel about Mommy and Daddy living in one house again. LIsten to their thoughts and respect their feelings. Good luck.

othermom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2017 at 10:26 AM

I hope everything works out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)