Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 fun stuff to do with kids

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

It’s raining…it’s pouring…My life seems so boring…The kids don’t know what to do, and wait for me too..

So I thought some things that are fun (at least for us ) to do, without getting out of the house. Share your ideas with us, as the rainy days are always boring and new fun ideas are always welcome!

1.Play dough. Use a mat on the floor so that it will be easier to clean afterwards

2.Paint or draw together. Use many styles of paint, brushes, and use clothes that you will not mind if they get dirty.

3.Create a fortress in your living room with pillows and blankets. Decide in the beginning that you you will all help to tide up the house in the end

4.Play board games. Make sure you include games suitable for your kids’ age.

5.Rent a DVD and  make popcorn ( and other junk food)

6.Play card games (UNO is my favorite, and there are many more to choose)

7.Bake cookies. In the first times you might fail and overbake them or somenthing like that, but in the end you’ll get there)

8.Make a science experiment (one of my favorites, not my husband’s after he sees the mess we’ve made)

9.Listen to music and dance (involve a disco lamp to make it more impressing)

10. Blow bubbles (in the shower preferably,because you will make the living room a mess, and outside remember it’s raining!)

11.Play during the bubble bath (My kids favorite; we listen to music and use songs to count the time until they are done)

12. Build stuff with Lego (although I am not very fond and patient in building stuff)

13.Create a family book, with photos, diary information (This will make memories for years to remember)

14.Make homemade pizza ;everyone gets to decorate his own pizza (some kids will try strange things)

15. Make a movie, using a funny story.(I am sure you will have fun watching it even after many years)

I am sure that you all have more fun ideas, and please share, because when you are bored you can’t think of them unless you have written them somewhere like here!

Read more about me at www.best-parent.com

by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
babyboxfish
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:27 PM

thank you!!

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM
Great ideas!
Thanks for sharing.🙂
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 1:01 AM

Looks like you covered all the bases!  My kids are older now but that's a great list. :)

Reina13
by on Mar. 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM

We love Lego time. I bought my son one of the DK books on how to build things with Legos. It is so much fun!

april_fooler
by Member on Mar. 24, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Cute

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)