Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter baskets

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:20 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am looking for ideas for an 8year old girl and almost 12year old boy. My 8 year old likes art and nail polish/makeup but she has a bunch so looking for other ideas. My almost 12 year old boy likes legos and video games but he has more than he needs. What other ideas do you have?
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:52 PM

I thought this was the cutest idea! 

Maybe for your older son a pair of hightops instead of rain boots?

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:51 PM

I always make my 4 & 8 yr old girls their own baskets and fill them with books and candy like my mom did me and my sisters. Well this year they were really looking at those premade $15 baskets at Walmart the last few weeks and I decided thats what the Easter bunny will bring them this year. My 4 yr old has one with princess dressup stuff and my 8 yr old has one with nail, makeup stuff.  Gottem some bubbles. I got them each some books. Got my 8 yr old a couple chapter books since she likes to read and candy. They are both really into tsum tsums and shopkins so I got some packs of those and put them in easter eggs for the back yard. Im done.lol

natb34
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:16 PM
For your DD, I have always found cute things at michaels - they even have coupons they will text you! šŸ˜Š
For your DS, what about a new game case or remote. My DD has the basic wii and rechargeable batteries are a must with her. Toys r us does a lot of boho deals on games and accessories.
Small gift cards ($5-$10) to places like sonic, subway or other places they like for them to be able to get them a ice cream or special meal for one night is good too.
PaddyWhack
by on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Target has the most adorable items in their dollar spot section. Tons of great things there for both sexes.

There are some art supplies. What about gardening? They have awesome gardening stuff for kids. Use a watering pail for the basket and fill. So cute!

Check their cartwheel app too for other ideas and big discount.

Mattel bounce off game is 50% off, DC super hero girls wonder woman, 50% off, Yugioh trading cards 35% off  as examples. 

babyboxfish
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 4:53 PM

I'm seconding that Target dollar section suggestion. You could put together the cutest basket just from Target alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)