Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids play an instrument?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:08 PM
  • 15 Replies
And if so, when did they start?

My wife wants to get our kids (8, 6, and 3 year old triplets) into piano lessons/music class for the little ones. I was traumatized by piano as a kid so am holding off until the fall
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
w0nd3rbr3ad
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:16 PM
My eldest plays violin. She started with piano at 4 and HATED it. So at 6 she switched to violin. She loves it and is very skilled. Sometimes it's not the music lessons, is the instrument.
Mater-three
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:36 PM
Dd16 play the alto sax, soprano sax, flute, clarinet, violin, and piano. She began playing in the fourth grade. She wants to pursue music as a career
MilfordMomma
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:26 PM
Wow! Good for her. How impressive!

Quoting Mater-three: Dd16 play the alto sax, soprano sax, flute, clarinet, violin, and piano. She began playing in the fourth grade. She wants to pursue music as a career
HaloSue
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Mine all played. Only three stuck to it since they started.
One plays piano since 6 and is extremely good.One plays guitar since 4 and is excellent even belongs to a small local band.
The last violin and she's played since 5 and is excellent,played a few solos for our local County orchestra! Now playing guitar and a couple other instruments she's very musicially inclined.
PaddyWhack
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:01 PM

He plays the trumpet but now that he's really dedicating himself to football, I see that ending very soon. I just don't see the same dedication he use to give playing the instrument.

cupcake_mom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:07 PM
When they showed interest. My oldest plays violin started this year
Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:19 AM

They don't and we have tried to push for an interest, but so far not yet.

mmm2015
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:22 AM
piano and guitar in his early teens
chicken13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM

Dd started playing piano at 5.  She's 17 and still takes regular lessons.

peekaboo813
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:05 AM
I play accordion...I know...I did it for my grandfather and it was our thing. I started lessons when I was 7. My DD plays piano she started when she was 4 and LOVES it. My Middle Son plays Saxophone he started when he was 9. My oldest had no interest in music. Do you or your spouse play instruments or sing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)