Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 1/2 yr old vomiting, help!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM
  • 8 Replies
So we have been up since about 3:30 am. He has vomited 3 times. I took his temp and it seems to normal.What could be some causes? This is going to sound terrible, but I am going on vacation on Wednesday to Cancun. It is my first in almost 4 years. Figures! I'll be vomiting my guts out and wont be able to go.
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
srichert
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 8:39 AM
You can always hop that it is something that he ate! For you treating yogurt everymoring - it has been known to minimize the effects of stomach bugs!

good luck
spinner
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 8:53 AM
Doesn't it always happen this way? LOL
You have a trip/family gathering planned and someone ends up sick.

I am sorry. I know how you feel, we do not have a trip planned but our DD woke up at 3 am with a terrible fever and says her throat hurts. Ugh
I would say that give him some fluids( I personally use Ginger ale/ Vitamin water with our kiddos) and light crackers/soup and hope it is a 24 hour bug. My Dr. says" no concern unless it last more than 72 hours and/or they stop taking in fluids. I wish you luck!!
jlns1975
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 9:14 AM
Cool, thank you! I need sleep!
jenjen81605
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 9:35 AM

The same thing happened to my son on Christmas.
There are a few things it could be- if he's had a cold, his poor little nose might be stuffed... which means, he might sniffle it without noticing, and that sniffled snot can get into his belly and make him puke- kinda like when a kid crys so much they vomit. Same basic idea.
It could also be something he ate. Jack's (my son) problem on xmas was too many gummy worms, too much excitement, and the after-effects of a nasty cold.

Good luck. Hopefully it's nothing bad. If he does start to show a fever, try to give him a luke-warm bath or sponge down and maybe give him some childrens tylenol.

angelarodriguez
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 11:40 AM
don't worry, i have been through this too many times to count in the past month!! lol.. it can be one of 2 things (well for me it's always been one or the other) 1. he has a fever in his stomach...i gave my 2 yr old tylenol  and didn't let him drink milk or eat diary products cause when he would vomit it would look like spoiled milk and the only time he would throw up is when he'd drink milk. #2. he could just have the stomach bug and is throwing up everytime he eats or even drink anything @ all. that will go away on its own. it sucks but its true. for my kids, it only lasted about a day for throwing up and a couple of days of the most horrible diarehia.  the ugly thing about this one is that it can be passed thru everyone.  if you think he might have a fever in his stomach, call your dr to see how much tylenol you can give him. i hope this helps you.....

www.cafemom.com/home/angelarodriguez

spinner
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 5:45 PM
What is a fever in the stomach?
 (I hope I do not sound like a fool)I have never heard of that before.
britishnanny
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 11:26 AM
There is no such thing as a fever in a stomach, a fever is a rise in body temperature, it effects the whole body not just one area and is usually a sign of an infection of some sort. I have never heard of one before either. Stomach virus' usually last 24 - 48 hours and the most important thing to remember is to stay hydrated, the smaller the child the quicker they dehydrate and that can be dangerous. If a child is no longer peeing, or crying tears, or a babies soft spot on his head is sunken more than usual (swollen can be bad too) then you need to take him to a doctor. Push clear fluids, don't worry about food until he can hold down the fluids.
angelarodriguez
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Quoting britishnanny:

There is no such thing as a fever in a stomach, a fever is a rise in body temperature, it effects the whole body not just one area and is usually a sign of an infection of some sort. I have never heard of one before either. Stomach virus' usually last 24 - 48 hours and the most important thing to remember is to stay hydrated, the smaller the child the quicker they dehydrate and that can be dangerous. If a child is no longer peeing, or crying tears, or a babies soft spot on his head is sunken more than usual (swollen can be bad too) then you need to take him to a doctor. Push clear fluids, don't worry about food until he can hold down the fluids.

a fever in the stomach is like a sour stomach. i just call it that.

www.cafemom.com/home/angelarodriguez

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured