Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party and Parking fee

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 1:32 PM
  • 41 Replies

My daughter's birthday party is coming up. We are having it at a state park (the same one my husband and I got married in). When we got married, we bought the $5 parking passes for our guests and left them at the gate. The park has now changed the rules and they don't allow this. Most of the guests are family and friends since she is just turning two. What is the tactful way to go about notifying everyone about the parking cost? They take cash and credit cards or it's free if you have an annual membership. Should I reimburse everyone for parking?

by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:09 PM

I wish I could help. We don't do big birthday parties like that. We usually do them at our home. 

But if you are willing to reimburse them I guess that is what I would do. 

Azure
by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:26 PM

Why won't the park allow it anymore? That doesn't really make sense.

coolmommy2x
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:27 PM
3 moms liked this
I would reimburse or have someone stand at the gate while people are coming and pay on the spot.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Since it is mostly family & friends I would just tell them :)

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:33 PM

I guess I'd just offer to pay it. Did the park at least refund you?

cellomom26
by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM
I'd tell everyone this, and reimburse them when I saw them at the party.
Hiker11
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 6:43 PM
We did her party last year at our house and we just don't really have the space (especially parking), so we decided to rent a space at the State Park. We only invited two children that aren't family. When we bought our house we really didn't think about parties and entertaining. Oh, well, live and learn I guess.

Quoting mama2b100808:

I wish I could help. We don't do big birthday parties like that. We usually do them at our home. 

But if you are willing to reimburse them I guess that is what I would do. 

Hiker11
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM
Because they were having issues of someone paying for 10 cars upfront but maybe only 7 out of the 10 showed up or maybe 3 didn't notify the attendant that there fee was already paid for so they paid for it. The park was having to issue reimbursements or verify that there was an over payment so they decided it wasn't worth it.

Quoting Azure:

Why won't the park allow it anymore? That doesn't really make sense.

Hiker11
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM
I don't have anyone that would be able to stand at the gate. Do you think it's too weird just to hand someone $5 when they get to the party? It just seems so weird to me. I don't know why.

Quoting coolmommy2x: I would reimburse or have someone stand at the gate while people are coming and pay on the spot.
coolmommy2x
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Did the invitations already go out? If not, you could put a note about the parking and put the money in there.

Quoting Hiker11: I don't have anyone that would be able to stand at the gate. Do you think it's too weird just to hand someone $5 when they get to the party? It just seems so weird to me. I don't know why.

Quoting coolmommy2x: I would reimburse or have someone stand at the gate while people are coming and pay on the spot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)