Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sippy cup

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is 11 months old. I have not had any luck transitioning her to a sippy cup. She only wants a bottle! If anyone has any suggestions that would be so helpful. My son was so much easier and was transitioned at 6 months. She is a diva! I've tried Nuby and Avent so far.
by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
onehotmama410
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:07 PM
We had that problem too. We ended up with a sassy cup that doesn't have a nipple on it. It's supposed to be better for baby's teeth. Although for us, it was because it was the only one that worked for him. His pedi said sometimes babies like things that are very different than bottles. He has those and a soft spout one now too. (we are trying to get him off the bottle. But his therapist thinks he still needs to suck at 2)

We tried 4 different cups before we found one that worked for him. We swapped with a friend that was having the same problem. Good luck!
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:51 PM
I don't think it's such a bad thing to let her have the bottle a little longer. That said, offer only water in the bottle but something she likes in the sippy cup. Sometimes that works.

Quoting snb8604: My daughter is 11 months old. I have not had any luck transitioning her to a sippy cup. She only wants a bottle! If anyone has any suggestions that would be so helpful. My son was so much easier and was transitioned at 6 months. She is a diva! I've tried Nuby and Avent so far.
PaisleyBirds
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:53 PM

I would give mine the sippy cups with a little bit of water in them during play time as it was a bust at mealtimes.  It became a game to play with it, and then drink from it, soon we moved it to meals.

PaddyWhack
by Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:29 PM

I used the sippy cups with bottle nipples until they started insisting of trying to get drinks from my cups then we'd move on to the regular ones.

Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:31 PM
Try different brands. Maybe take the valves out. DD7 couldn't tolerate cups with valves.
Madeyemoody
by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Try different styles. They have ones that look almost like a bottle but it's a cup, hard to explain. I had luck with straw cups and 360 cups.
redheadtmk
by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:33 PM
We skipped sippy cups all together. DS loved drinking from an adult cup. It took him a bit to figure it out though. We also let him drink water from sport top water bottles.
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:53 PM

Anything soft spout is great. I liked the nuk sippy cups. They worked well with my youngest. Just dont give in and give the bottle. If she is thirsty then she will drink it. Just give it more of a chance for a while. Best of luck

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:25 AM
Try a straw cup.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)