Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I have caught my child's illness?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
I JUST got over a cold from a week ago. Then my 3 year old woke up with fever & was prescribed medication for a throat infection. Days later, I wake up with a terrible painful throat, my glands felt swollen & tender to the touch, my neck felt kind of achy & am running fever.
I had shared a drink with her previously (not knowing).
I hate to get sick because I fear I will be miserable & can't take proper care of her. (I think that's a lot of anxiety talking) My doctor also mentioned if my neck becomes too stiff & my fever doesn't break, to go to the emergency room to check for menegitis. Which didn't make me feel better at all :(
by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 7:59 PM

Take care of yourself.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM

is she contagious? what did her dr tell you? did either of you have a strep test? i would say you can catch it. you should do fine taking care of her. medicate yourselves and crawl in bed and watch a movie and rest. most people can function fine with a sore throat.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Yep, sounds like you caught whatever she had.

You might want to go to urgent care and get tested for strep (if you haven't already).

I hope you're feeling better!

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:45 PM
Sounds like you did! Hope you feel better soon!

Quoting BUtterflyhdb31: I JUST got over a cold from a week ago. Then my 3 year old woke up with fever & was prescribed medication for a throat infection. Days later, I wake up with a terrible painful throat, my glands felt swollen & tender to the touch, my neck felt kind of achy & am running fever.
I had shared a drink with her previously (not knowing).
I hate to get sick because I fear I will be miserable & can't take proper care of her. (I think that's a lot of anxiety talking) My doctor also mentioned if my neck becomes too stiff & my fever doesn't break, to go to the emergency room to check for menegitis. Which didn't make me feel better at all :(
PaddyWhack
by Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:30 PM

Sounds like a good possibility. Hope you're feeling better now

heart_n_soul
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:25 AM

Yeah, sounds like that's exactly what happened! feel better!

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:38 AM
Wash everything, sanitize toothbrushes and change them out once everyone is well. Sanitize doorknobs and other things that are frequently touched.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)