Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DS plans for death.

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay so the title is misleading but my DS (12) was talking about what he wants me to do if he dies (donate his organs then cremate what is left and spread it at our bible camp) my friend thinks it is morbid and wrong to let him talk about it, that I should not be planning for him to go before me. 

Now of course I do not want him to go before me but is it really wrong to allow him to express what he wants? 

by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
We have no control over death. It comes at the right time for everyone and sometimes children leave before their parents. Nothing wrong if he wants to talk about it. Just remember to enjoy and make use of the time we are given.
AllTimeLowMama
by Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I've told my fiance my wishes for when I die. People used to think it was morbid because I've known since I was about 12 what my mom wanted done once she passes. Nothing wrong with knowing how you want things to be once you leave this earth.
heart_n_soul
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
If he is bringing it up, it's fine. If he seems to be preoccupied that would be another issue, but just discussing it and having particular wishes is fine.
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree with heart n soul. if he seems preoccupied with it, there may be some underlying issues. he could be questioning his life after death or even feeling fear about dying. just keep an ear open for it.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Nope, not at all wrong for him to express his wishes should the worst happen (and knock on wood it doesn't).

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Quoting heart_n_soul: If he is bringing it up, it's fine. If he seems to be preoccupied that would be another issue, but just discussing it and having particular wishes is fine.

Thats what I think. He hasn't brought it up since. It was more of a thing since his great grandparents just died and he had heard about the family plans. 

I think he is honourable to want his organs donated. 

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:18 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Nope, not at all wrong for him to express his wishes should the worst happen (and knock on wood it doesn't).

Yes. 

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Nothing wrong with that unless you are worried about him. My friend lost her 14 year old son (or maybe he was 13) and she made the decision to donate his organs because he was a very loving kid and she just knew that that is what he would have wanted. It's sad, but honestly I think its good for anyone in your family to know what each of you would want, should one of you pass before the other. Things happen.

heart_n_soul
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:26 AM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting heart_n_soul: If he is bringing it up, it's fine. If he seems to be preoccupied that would be another issue, but just discussing it and having particular wishes is fine.

Thats what I think. He hasn't brought it up since. It was more of a thing since his great grandparents just died and he had heard about the family plans. 

I think he is honourable to want his organs donated. 

That makes total sense, that his thoughts were triggered by an event like that, and it's normal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)