Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like such an a**hole

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:29 PM
  • 19 Replies
Every night it is a battle to get my kids 2,4,6 to eat their dinner. My older two all they do is screw around and give attitude if you tell them to stop messing around and eat. So tonight I took both their plates and am having them go to bed without eating... I feel really bad for doing it I don’t like to see my kids hungry, are they to young to send them to bed hungry? Nothing I have done in the past gets through to them.
by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms_Smock
by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:31 PM
No thru will learn
K3412
by Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:33 PM
They'll figure it out. I wouldn't feel bad.
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:42 PM
What are they doing?
anotherandree
by Inga on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Nope, their choice.  If they weren't really eating anyway, what's the difference if you are just speeding up the process?

Rlmori2010
by Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:13 PM
Flipping around in their chairs constantly getting down and making excuses on why they aren’t sitting down and taking each others food and forks.

Quoting virginiamama71: What are they doing?
Rlmori2010
by Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:14 PM
I was using a timer but they would wait until it beeped to start eating and then cry because I took the food.

Quoting anotherandree:

Nope, their choice.  If they weren't really eating anyway, what's the difference if you are just speeding up the process?

macawoogo
by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they don't like what you made. Is this an every day thing?
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:32 PM
The 2 oldest are old enough to know how to sit at the table for meals. How long has this been going on?

Quoting Rlmori2010: Flipping around in their chairs constantly getting down and making excuses on why they aren’t sitting down and taking each others food and forks.

Quoting virginiamama71: What are they doing?
-DancingQueen-
by Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 4:45 AM

It's not something I would ever feel ok doing, but it's your family and your decision.

Rlmori2010
by Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM
Yup everyday

Quoting macawoogo: Maybe they don't like what you made. Is this an every day thing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)