Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:43 AM
  • 16 Replies
Does anyone homeschool their children? If so what program do you use? I use Time4Learning
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-DancingQueen-
by Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM

I do not.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM

I didn't! You may want to check with the moms in the Homeschooling Group!

Arrow659
by Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 4:05 PM

I never did that

Teddybear2015
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Ok thanks

Quoting LancesMom:

I didn't! You may want to check with the moms in the Homeschooling Group!

ChildOfTheLight
by Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 5:58 PM
I do and have for 6 years. I make my own curriculum usually. This year we are trying an online k12 and I hate it.
Teddybear2015
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM
I heard about this one will check it out. Why do you hate it?

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I do and have for 6 years. I make my own curriculum usually. This year we are trying an online k12 and I hate it.
ChildOfTheLight
by Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Quoting Teddybear2015: I heard about this one will check it out. Why do you hate it?

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I do and have for 6 years. I make my own curriculum usually. This year we are trying an online k12 and I hate it.

It's run by the public school system so you can't work at your own pace. I don't agree with some of the things they teach so I can't modify the curriculum. It teaches my middle schooler a chapter a day and doesn't give her enough time to really master a skill before giving her another one to learn. For example she had to learn adding fractions on Monday, subtracting fractions on Tuesday, multiplying fractions on Wednesday, dividing fractions on Thursday and unit test on Friday. Then next week she goes onto something else and never sees it again. I did it bc I thought they might have more resources than me but I was doing a better job. I'll never do it again. The phonics system for elementary kids is a joke. I taught my older two to read in 3 months better than this curriculum will do in an entire year.
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:01 AM
I do but I use a charter homeschool program so I can afford curriculum.
Teddybear2015
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:50 AM
So it’s pretty reasonable like?

Quoting JasonsMom2007: I do but I use a charter homeschool program so I can afford curriculum.
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:19 AM
What is curriculum? The charter gives me $900 a semester per kid to use so I have plenty of money for curriculum. It pays for their violin lessons, art supplies, printer ink, etc as well.

Quoting Teddybear2015: So it’s pretty reasonable like?

Quoting JasonsMom2007: I do but I use a charter homeschool program so I can afford curriculum.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)