Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Myths about circumcision

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM
  • 14 Replies
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Circumcision does not prevent HIV however an uncircumcized penis does make it easier for STD's to spread..this has been proven. The foreskin is another gland that allows entry. The article left this important stat out.

S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Obviously, it's not enough if a risk to make pediatricians recommend circumcision.
Generally one should not count on the circumcision for safe sex
As per Google "
"In Jewish and Muslim cultures, young or infant boys are routinely circumcised for religious reasons. Circumcision rates have traditionally been higher in the U.S. than in Europe, but the American Academy of Pediatrics currently says that the medical benefits are insufficient to recommend circumcision for all baby boys."

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Circumcision does not prevent HIV however an uncircumcized penis does make it easier for STD's to spread..this has been proven. The foreskin is another gland that allows entry. The article left this important stat out.

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM

I agree that it is not medically necessary but the downfall to not being circumsizd is the STD issue. That is about it.

Quoting S.M.ile: Obviously, it's not enough if a risk to make pediatricians recommend circumcision. Generally one should not count on the circumcision for safe sex As per Google " "In Jewish and Muslim cultures, young or infant boys are routinely circumcised for religious reasons. Circumcision rates have traditionally been higher in the U.S. than in Europe, but the American Academy of Pediatrics currently says that the medical benefits are insufficient to recommend circumcision for all baby boys."
Quoting Oliviasmom72:

S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM
Lol, so not circumsied men have to be extra careful who do they have sex with :D

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I agree that it is not medically necessary but the downfall to not being circumsizd is the STD issue. That is about it.

Quoting S.M.ile: Obviously, it's not enough if a risk to make pediatricians recommend circumcision.
As per Google "
"In Jewish and Muslim cultures, young or infant boys are routinely circumcised for religious reasons. Circumcision rates have traditionally been higher in the U.S. than in Europe, but the American Academy of Pediatrics currently says that the medical benefits are insufficient to recommend circumcision for all baby boys."

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No thats not what I said. You are obviouslty trying to push your no circumcision agenda here. We get it. move on.

Quoting S.M.ile: Lol, so not circumsied men have to be extra careful who do they have sex with :D
Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Quoting S.M.ile: Obviously, it's not enough if a risk to make pediatricians recommend circumcision. Generally one should not count on the circumcision for safe sex As per Google " "In Jewish and Muslim cultures, young or infant boys are routinely circumcised for religious reasons. Circumcision rates have traditionally been higher in the U.S. than in Europe, but the American Academy of Pediatrics currently says that the medical benefits are insufficient to recommend circumcision for all baby boys."
Quoting Oliviasmom72:

S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:13 PM
Just sharing information, that is published out there and I agree with it.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

No thats not what I said. You are obviouslty trying to push your no circumcision agenda here. We get it. move on.

Quoting S.M.ile: Lol, so not circumsied men have to be extra careful who do they have sex with :D

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Quoting S.M.ile: Obviously, it's not enough if a risk to make pediatricians recommend circumcision.
As per Google "

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

AmiJanell
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Not really... the foreskin is not a gland.  And it's really no different than your labia, it is there to protect, lubricate, and keep things out... and we don't cut off women's labia to decrease her risk for STD's.... and I'm certain if they did a study on it, they would find the same results.

And we don't assume that because a man is cut, that he doesn't need to follow the same sex practices as an intact man.  Both need to use condoms OR have a single partner who has been tested and is negative. 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:44 PM

Start googling..I just found 10 articles on the 1st page by health organizations that support circumcision reducing STD's. And the male and female genitals are not the same if you havent noticed. So I dont know why you mentioned the labia example. The foreskin does contain a mucos membrane, and its an extra entryway for std's. The Labia does not provide an extra way unless it has a sore on it.

Quoting AmiJanell:

Not really... the foreskin is not a gland.  And it's really no different than your labia, it is there to protect, lubricate, and keep things out... and we don't cut off women's labia to decrease her risk for STD's.... and I'm certain if they did a study on it, they would find the same results.

And we don't assume that because a man is cut, that he doesn't need to follow the same sex practices as an intact man.  Both need to use condoms OR have a single partner who has been tested and is negative. 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

-DancingQueen-
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Interesting.
Lucy9
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 4:14 AM

I just loved the following quotes from that site.

Quote:

This is simply not true and is based on a handful of highly flawed studies out of Africa.

Maybe they are, I don't know those studies. But would you mind telling us why are they flawed and according to who? Just saying something does not make it true.

Quote:

All of the reasons doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals give for circumcision simply are not supported by the facts.

Since we all know that ALL doctors and nurse and anyone who knows anything about health  for that matter is out to get us and lie to us. How more one sided can this get??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)