Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you take your kids to a winery?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
We have a local winery that has a dj on Friday nights. And some people do take their kids, I have never but some people do. My girls are 6 and almost 12. I don't shelter them from seeing people drink. We have a boat that people drink on and I might have an occasional drink when out to eat. There is a Halloween party at the winery next fri night and was debating on taking kids?? Your thoughts? I don't know why it feels weird to me???
by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM
That doesn't really seem like a kid event: I wouldn't take them for their enjoyment and the enjoyment of the other adults there. Nothing to do with shielding them from seeing people drink.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:39 AM
I wouldn't.
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:47 AM
Call and ask what the tone of the party is. They may not have anything planned for children.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

JTE11
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:51 AM
I wouldnt, no. It's not because I don't want dd to see people drink (unless there would be a lot of drunk people there) it's just that that has to be an extremely boring place for kids.
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:01 AM

This is what I was thinking as well.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Call and ask what the tone of the party is. They may not have anything planned for children.

horcruxnumber8
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:07 AM
I'd make sure it's kid friendly first. I don't go to places like that. I can't deal with pretentious wine drinkers and their wine "expertise".
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:22 PM

I wouldn't. I agree, it seems weird to me- not a kid situation.

lancet98
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:33 PM

I'd ask the manager if it would be too busy or overwhelming for the kids, and get an idea of how many people will be there, and how rowdy they might get.  

Lucy9
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:42 AM

The way you describe it, It does not seem to be a place for kids.

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:07 AM

I would not.  The reason is not that I don't care if they are around alcohol, it is that they would be bored to death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)