Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i got to have another c-section and scared

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM
  • 6 Replies
my first c-section was not that bad but the shot in the back was I am very worried something bad might happen I get to go talk to different doctor and pick the one i want to do the shot in the back (epedrial) what are some quetions i should ask
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Serendipitydoo
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM
I had a C-section with my tatertot.
When they did the shot in the back, they hit a nerve and my back has been quite strained from that time on.
It is slowly getting better.
I would just ask about that.
Ask them if they should hit a nerve what is the possible damage?
You will be just fine mama!
It will all work out the way it is supposed to.
Good Luck!!

Tristensmama_07
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 2:04 PM
my advice..get the epidural...i couldnt have it and wish tht i cold have it hurts sooo bad with my csection i woke up in really bad pain
wiggles1225
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 2:19 PM
Just remember there are always risks with ANY procedure. These doctors know what they're doing so the risk is minimal. Remember, they specialize in anathesia (sp?). I had a c-section with my son and the shot does hurt some, but not as bad as it would hurt if you didn't have it and they cut you open. Believe me, I was going to request a c-section and I totally believe that's the way to go. To be honest I was more freaked out about if I was going to have any scars or not. You'll do just fine. Try to relax.
alalsip
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 2:21 PM
I have had 3 c-sections.  I get the spinal block because I can walk sooner.  And I don't want any more things sticking out of me then necessary!  An IV and a Cath is more then enough.  I was breastfeeding this time, so I had NO pain meds in the block or my IV.  I was fine.  It depends on your pain threshhold.  If you can handle it or not.  I did get IB and Tylenol 3's.  I only took 1/2 the dosage of Tylenol 3's because I didn't trust it.  If you can, stick to IB after, babies are having a hard time with the codine in vicodin and T3's.  It can metabolize to fast and act like Moriphine if you breastfeed.  I was in much more pain this time then my other two.  Doctors will even tell you the third is the worst!  My other two were ff and close in age.  I only took 3 vicodin with my first and 5 or so with my second.  They were both in the NICU, so it was a different experience with this baby cause she came home.  Regardless of that, I was doing laundry and cleaning and everything by 4 or 5 days after my section...  She was born on a Thursday, I was doing laundry on Monday or Tuesday.  Thank God our house is on one level!  Good Luck and don't worry, It really is not that bad having a planned.  The emergancy section I had was scariest.

Thanks to MrsSashaG for the siggy!

Group Owner of 2007 Breastfeeding Babies

ppb.png picture by jodell80

cakebaker12
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 2:21 PM
I've had 2 C-sections, and the second one was much easier than the first.  I was up and walking around the next morning with no problems!
threesharelove
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 2:26 PM
I have only one daughter, and I had a regular delivery, but when they gave me the epidural, I thought I was gonna die.. it hurt, but it helped soo much!!

Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN