Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Problems at work need advise

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 12:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
I need advise, Please tell me if I am wrong? I have what seems to be the office manager from hell. First let me explain, I work between 10 and 12 hour days, I work with cancer patients. I am always early amd I never miss work except for last friday. I had a court date that I was unable to get out of. When I came into work this am the office manager walked past me and made a rude comment. But this is not the first time. If she is having a off day she takes stuff out on my coworker and myself. She does not do anything really in the office she is in the back playing games on the computer, when the phones are ringing she won't pick it up even if she knows that all of us are busy, she now put the responsablity of ording supplies and all issues on me. I work longer hours than she does and now I feel like not only am I doing my job but hers as well. What does everyone think that I should do? I don't think that the doctor that I work for even knows what she is doing. 
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jenjen81605
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM
I'd try to bring up the subject without sounding too upset. Talk to your  co-workers and see how they all feel about her. If nobody likes her working style (or lack there of) go to the Dr you work for and ask if he knows how she's behaving herself, then explain what you mean and how you all feel about it.

Good luck. Dont let her walk all over you, but don't turn it into more than it is. Y'know? Hopefully everything works out :D
dae43123
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Quoting jenjen81605:

I'd try to bring up the subject without sounding too upset. Talk to your  co-workers and see how they all feel about her. If nobody likes her working style (or lack there of) go to the Dr you work for and ask if he knows how she's behaving herself, then explain what you mean and how you all feel about it.

Good luck. Dont let her walk all over you, but don't turn it into more than it is. Y'know? Hopefully everything works out :D

I agree with her. You all need to get together and have a sit down and let her kow what is going on. Good luck with this.
taracv
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 5:12 PM
I would maybe ask for a meeting with her direct supervisor.  It may be that she has had a bad day or something, but by no means, should you be responsible for more  than your own work load.  As for the snide remarks,  Just kill her with kindness. "Im sorry that you feel that way!  Some things just cant be helped! "  And smile at her a lot.  It probably will drive her nuts, but any improvement at this point sounds like it may  help.  Good Luck!
PoisonGirl
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:02 PM
i wouldn't even bother going to her directly and go to her supervisor instead.  that's crap that she's treating you that way. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured