Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Elf or not to Elf?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 10:18 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you do the Elf on the Shelf? When do you start it? Do you have them do mischievous stuff?
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 10:27 AM
3 moms liked this
No, never will there be any sort of elf sitting on any sort of shelf in my house. My husband is even more against it than I am.
anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:01 PM

We thought it would be so cute and I pinned a bunch of stuff on Pinterest that first year.  We are on year 3 and I REGRET ever starting it.  It is EXHAUSTING thinking of mischief everyday for a month.  And, God forbid, you forget to move it or it is something "boring."  If you decide to get an Elf, DON'T post about it on Instagram or Facebook.  People get interested and suddenly you have an audience wanting you to do something clever each and every day.  I hate our damn Elf.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  Not only is my kid too old, I think it is just really stupid.  Those elves have been around since the 60's when I was a child and people are paying $30 for something that literally costs $1.

PaddyWhack
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM

No elf for us, youngest is too old.

redheadtmk
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes! Ds is finally old enough to be into it. We already planned out the whole months shenanigans and have all our props ready to go. I know other people who had a hard time thinking of stuff late at night so we figured we would plan it all ahead.
artemisa3001
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Care to share? I’m just asking for a friend...

Quoting redheadtmk: Yes! Ds is finally old enough to be into it. We already planned out the whole months shenanigans and have all our props ready to go. I know other people who had a hard time thinking of stuff late at night so we figured we would plan it all ahead.
Pukalani79
by Ivy on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
We bring it out Dec 1. We rotate who moves/sets it up each night. The kids have a lot of fun with it
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Yes! We have been doing it the last 5 yrs. My girls enjoy it. I have a album on pinterest  of ideas. You dont even have to go all out. Just use things around the house and switch it up every year. Its actually pretty easy. They do cute & funny  things and the girls look foward to it every year. Our elves Cinnamon & Sugar  come back Dec. 1st.  I got the China cheapie elves on ebay. They were $2 each. I cant stand when grown adults act like babies and  say that its creepy. Its not creepy. Its fun. Its no different than Santa, Easter Bunny etc. They just have sticks up their buttholes. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No way in heck will I ever do that.

auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:57 PM
no we don't do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)