Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding moms: What birth control do you recommend that's safe to use while breastfeeding?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 12:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Breastfeeding moms: What birth control do you recommend that's safe to use while breastfeeding? Why?

breastfeeding

by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:05 PM

IUDs (both copper and hormonal) are safe to use while breastfeeding, and they're fairly foolproof.

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
NFP/FAM. Nor homones, implants or devices. Biological breastfeeding; on demand throughout the day snd night, preferably co-sleeping.
YourMajesty81
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:49 PM
Abstain.
Iceandsnowflake
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:51 AM
The mini pill. But it's a PITA - it must be taken the same time every day.

I've also used a diaphragm (sp) and spermicide with success (you have to be fitted for one and OB has to give you a tutorial on how to put it in)

Outside of that though- we didn't care if I got pregnant. We wanted a big family. Birth control was only used in between miscarriages because I was ordered by the Dr to not get pregnant for 2 -3 cycles between each loss.
Iceandsnowflake
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM
This. This is how I got pregnant! NFP and charting is the bomb. It's how I got pregnant, it's how I knew I was pregnant, it's even how I knew I was going to miscarry.

Quoting MusherMaggie: NFP/FAM. Nor homones, implants or devices. Biological breastfeeding; on demand throughout the day snd night, preferably co-sleeping.
Tranla
by Elisabeth on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:54 AM
I used an IUD before and have my tubes tied now that I'm done having kids.
Rlmori2010
by Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 9:40 PM
Mini pill or paraguard. Also breastfeeding in itself is a form
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)