Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to talk

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2017 at 12:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son hasn't had a real relationship with a man & no one has ever done anything for him, I do everything alone. I've been dating this guy for a few months and I'm unsure of how he feels about my son. (not sure how to bring that up to him) BUT there's this other guy that I used to talk to that wants to get my son a few outfits and toys...... would it be wrong to accept this from him?
by on Nov. 23, 2017 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lovingladyo4
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Offering to buy things for your child is a very generous thing to do. What is the nature of your friendship? Is he trying to get to you through this gesture?

AaliyaF
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 12:31 AM
I honestly don't think that he's expecting anything in return. We have talked on and off for a while up until about a year ago. We're pretty close though & talk to each other about a lot. Aside from kissing, we've never been intimate. He really seems to care & asks about my son often.

Quoting lovingladyo4:

Offering to buy things for your child is a very generous thing to do. What is the nature of your friendship? Is he trying to get to you through this gesture?

lovingladyo4
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 12:47 AM

He seems like a gentleman who knows how to care for people and respect them. If he has a heart of giving, then letting him give to your child will a be a great fulfillment for him.

Quoting AaliyaF: I honestly don't think that he's expecting anything in return. We have talked on and off for a while up until about a year ago. We're pretty close though & talk to each other about a lot. Aside from kissing, we've never been intimate. He really seems to care & asks about my son often.
Quoting lovingladyo4:

AaliyaF
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 1:08 AM

I agree 100% but would I be wrong for accepting this if I'm in a relationship?

Quoting lovingladyo4:

He seems like a gentleman who knows how to care for people and respect them. If he has a heart of giving, then letting him give to your child will a be a great fulfillment for him.

Quoting AaliyaF: I honestly don't think that he's expecting anything in return. We have talked on and off for a while up until about a year ago. We're pretty close though & talk to each other about a lot. Aside from kissing, we've never been intimate. He really seems to care & asks about my son often.
Quoting lovingladyo4:

lovingladyo4
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

As much as I'd like to help, I'm not sure I have your answer. Just the fact that you are asking this question leads me to believe there could be a reason why it might not be such a good idea. But without knowing the surrounding circumstances, I really can't make a good guess. Follow what your heart is telling you. 

Quoting AaliyaF:

Quoting lovingladyo4:

Quoting lovingladyo4:

AaliyaF
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 1:40 AM

Ok. Thank you so much!

Quoting lovingladyo4:

As much as I'd like to help, I'm not sure I have your answer. Just the fact that you are asking this question leads me to believe there could be a reason why it might not be such a good idea. But without knowing the surrounding circumstances, I really can't make a good guess. Follow what your heart is telling you. 

Quoting AaliyaF:

Quoting lovingladyo4:

Quoting lovingladyo4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)