Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I Need Help!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:05 PM
  • 10 Replies
My son is going to be 4 months old on the 27th on this month. I have tried my hardest to get him to try to crawl, but he just won't have it. We've bought him all the little toys to keep him preoccupied but all that does is keep him entertained for all of a minute. I wondering if it is vital that he crawl. A friend of mine has a son who went to walking at 9 months!!! What should I do... Or am I over reacting?! Please help!
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytobe921
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:06 PM
My son is five months and not crawling.  I thought they usually started to crawl around 6 months right?
momof3ohio
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:07 PM
4 months is young to start crawling, plus you cant force milestones on babies.

SIGN MY GUEST BOOK!! http://www.cafemom.com/home/momof3ohio      

jessiet143
lol i think you may be just a bit. my son didnt crawl until he was 6 almost 7 months and he is fine. he walked at 11 months but i have a friend whose baby crawled at 5 motnhs and walked at 9 it doesnt matter. believe me once she is all over the place you will wish she wasnt lol
JacksMom619
Don't rush it, some kids don't crawl until 9 months! 
Enjoy the time...  at least he stays where you put him :)
DanaR13
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:08 PM
Hi there!  My son never crawled....done be worried!  Believe it or not...we he was bout 8 months only he started to skoot on his behind as his mode of transportation.   He was much older.  At 4 months...he definitely was not even interested in laying on his belly!  
jennahayes
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM
My son is 8 months and still just scouting.  He just started getting up on all fours.  He wants to walk more than anything! His dr said he is doing just fine. Every child is different and at 4 months - they should be rolling still bit early for crawling!
Jillysmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM
4 Months is very young., most don't crawl yet.. Most kids don't walk at 9 months. Please don't start comparing your son to other child you will only drive yourself crazy. Everything child develops different, yours might talk before hers. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy him being a baby, sadly it will be gone before you know it.

chuca85
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM
he is fine all babies are different. my son didn't start crawling until he was 6months and didn't walk until he was 14 months.  he will crawl when he is ready, he just got to get the courage. believe me when he starts you'll wish he hadn't.
sonorared
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:51 PM
Mine never crawled.  He went from creeping to standing up and walking holding onto things at 5 months, walked by himself at 9 months.  Every baby is different.  As long as his doctor is not concerned don't worry yourself.
ssibbs
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM
My son didn't  crawl until he was 10 months.  He scooted on his but at 9 and started walking at 14 1/4 months.  Once he started walking he was up and gone and running. though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN