Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

recipes??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
anybody have recipes for toddler/little kids who are picky, and say "i dont like that"??  thanks!
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Hastaluvme
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Try the group recipes. They have a lot of good ones.
sonorared
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM
Don't let your children start choosing what will be for dinner.  It is just a phase.  The best recipe for picky children is this:  I am sorry you don't like what we are having for dinner but this is not a restaurant where you can pick from a menu. 

Trust me, the pickiness will go away if you don't give in to it.  I went through that phase using the words above.  If my son didn't want to eat what we were having, he was allowed to have fruit but absolutely NO cookies, candy or dessert.  He turned out to be great at trying new things and would eat just about anything. 
MichelleK41
by Member on Jan. 21, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Toddler Finger Food Suggestions

Finger sandwiches - peanut butter, almond spread, cream cheese, cheese spread; all these sandwiches are quick and easy to make and a good source of protein. Try to buy the natural peanut butter without sugar or hydrogenated oils. Try almond spread for kids with peanut allergies. Cheese sandwiches provide the calcium that a lot of toddlers are missing out on. Or do like the Aussies do and try a vegemite sandwich. It takes getting used to, but it's high in vitamin B.

Cut up pieces of fruit - pears, apples, pineapple, peaches. Don't worry if your toddler hates the skin, peel away. And you can always bring a simple banana.

Dried fruit - raisins, prunes, apricots are all great, but be careful since dried fruits are high in sugar. My mom always called dried fruit "nature's candy."

Dried cereal - the healthier the better. Toasted O's such as Cheerios are a real life saver when you're on the go. Remember to avoid the sugar coated cereals.

Chunks of cheese - easy to eat.

Mini bagels - complex carbohydrate, soft and yummy.

Well cooked pasta - shells, macaroni, etc. Add a little salt and some olive oil to keep it from sticking. Store them in ziplock bags and grab them when you're on the go.

Yogurt and fruit

Cottage cheese and applesauce

Fruit breads, corn bread

Sunflower seeds (for older toddlers) and dried fruit

Just remember, be prepared when you go out and keep it simple and nutritious. You and your toddler will both be happier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured