Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop the shaming and judgment

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 11:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ok mom let me get this straight here I have been on here for two days and I seen way more shaming then I have actually seen good advice.. I get the ugly turth and being honest an all but come on, we all don't need to be bashed or judge, we all have different ideas and techniques to being parents, we all have flaws but that is why we are here to learn from other mom or to help others mom by sharing there ideas and techniques, but leave out the shaming parts, we can only do so much as mom's we are lot on our plates, we are tired, something we just need to turn to someone outside our inner circle and seek help, or let me need to have an adult conversation because a two year doesn't have much of a vocabulary. So can we stop the judgment and shaming.. no need for it support, love and respect. I'm done ranting
by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I assure you that there are groups here where people are generally nice and supportive. A good rule is if there is the option for anonymous, then there will be hatefulness and drama. Some people still aren't the most kind simply bc they can hide behind a computer regardless of the group. It's really not all bad. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience right off the bat.
Arrow659
by Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Sadly you can not change anyone but yourself. However there are groups on here that don't do that

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:14 AM
It's only been 2 days...
Momma-help
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM
Yeah it's been two days and out if 12 things I have read 10 out of the twelve have had judgment and shaming.

Quoting virginiamama71: It's only been 2 days...
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been on Cafemom since the beginning.

Don't get attached to one group or pay attention to everything people post. It's a public forum.
If you don't like a group find another. Or create one.

Quoting Momma-help: Yeah it's been two days and out if 12 things I have read 10 out of the twelve have had judgment and shaming.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 5:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't get butt hurt on public forums.
mom18103
by Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
There's so much more to come!

She's just beginning

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Moms Confessions is well known for shaming and judgment as it is full of sanctimoms.  Try the Time Out For You group.  It is very good with respectful members, no judging and a very active group.

Mrs_Sweet
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I 100% agree. I don’t really see judgmental responses in this group too often. But maybe Mom confessions has hardened me:)

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Moms Confessions is well known for shaming and judgment as it is full of sanctimoms.  Try the Time Out For You group.  It is very good with respectful members, no judging and a very active group.

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:24 PM

A couple of weeks back on Moms Confessions I thought another mom made a well written post.  So I commented, praising her for giving such a thoughtful reply.

You can't believe the bashing I received.  Holy smokes, I was complimenting another member for crying out loud.

Quoting Mrs_Sweet: I 100% agree. I don’t really see judgmental responses in this group too often. But maybe Mom confessions has hardened me:)
Quoting Linda_Runs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)