Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling baby move - third pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
This is my third pregnancy and I’m 16 weeks 5 days. I felt a couple flutters a couple weeks back and haven’t felt anything since. No bleeding. No spotting. No cramping. Shouldn’t I keep feeling the baby move? Just a worried mama looking for advice from fellow mamas with experience!
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Element5
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
You know I just had my 4th baby ( still in the hospital).. none of my kids I felt super early.

1st was at 18.. 2nd around that time as well.. 3rd was 20 weeks and 4th was even later at 21 weeks.

It might have something to do with how bany is positioned, your weight and so on.

Someone posted that they feel the baby at 10 weeks.. I asked the higher risk sono tech and she rolled her eyes. So please don’t stress! Usually around 18 weeks.. but if you are running around doing errands, working, and just busy it might be something you overlook unless you sit down relax drink juice.
As long as dr does sono, and baby is fine. You will feel him/her soon.
meganrst
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I have my next ultrasound on the 18th where we find out the gender as well - so I’m definitely looking forward to even the heartbeat aspect of the appointment! Put my mind at ease. I tend to be a worrier

Quoting Element5: You know I just had my 4th baby ( still in the hospital).. none of my kids I felt super early.

1st was at 18.. 2nd around that time as well.. 3rd was 20 weeks and 4th was even later at 21 weeks.

It might have something to do with how bany is positioned, your weight and so on.

Someone posted that they feel the baby at 10 weeks.. I asked the higher risk sono tech and she rolled her eyes. So please don’t stress! Usually around 18 weeks.. but if you are running around doing errands, working, and just busy it might be something you overlook unless you sit down relax drink juice.
As long as dr does sono, and baby is fine. You will feel him/her soon.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:46 PM
16 weeks us early to feel the baby.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:04 AM
With my first baby, I felt at 18 weeks, second at 16 weeks, third at 14/15 weeks and fourth at 12-14 weeks. I believe I felt them sooner with each baby since I knew what the movement was.
Mrs_Sweet
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
They are so small at that point that their position can determine if you feel them move from one day to the next. Don’t worry, mama!
kryysteez
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 4:25 PM

Did you get ANY of the vaccines they push on you??  These vaccines can cause a miscarriage or still birth.  The vaccine package insert SAYS "Not recommended for pregnant women".  The doctors ARE NOT concerned with the babies health.  Do some research on this subject before you damage your kids and have to live a life of caring for a vaccine injured child 24/7.  Its a nightmare.   UN-vaccinated kids are VERY healthy, with no problems...

meganrst
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:59 PM
I haven’t gotten any vaccines. Not even the flu shot. So no worries with that. Since this post - I’ve gone to triage (long story), and saw/heard babies heart beat, saw baby move and saw the placenta was fully intact. So baby is definitely doing good!

Quoting kryysteez:

Did you get ANY of the vaccines they push on you??  These vaccines can cause a miscarriage or still birth.  The vaccine package insert SAYS "Not recommended for pregnant women".  The doctors ARE NOT concerned with the babies health.  Do some research on this subject before you damage your kids and have to live a life of caring for a vaccine injured child 24/7.  Its a nightmare.   UN-vaccinated kids are VERY healthy, with no problems...

Iceandsnowflake
by Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 12:56 PM
I think 28 weeks is when you can start relying on kick counts.

I suffered multiple losses and anytime i got paranoid I would eat something sweet and lay down. Then activity would kick up.

With that said, never ignore your gut..call your OB if you're still concerned.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)