Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single mom

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2017 at 3:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am a single mom. I just lost my job a week before Christmas. I had to spend my last check on rent and food. I would never ask for help like that but I at a lost and this is all making me feel depressed. I have no idea what I am going to do. I have a few gifts for my daughter (3) I know it's not about the presents. But I am so still so heart broken. :'(
by on Dec. 17, 2017 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 3:42 PM
Apply for unemployment and start your job searches now.
Kellyjude1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 9:11 PM

So sorry....I hope things get better.  Your little one will provide you with that amazing inner strength to do what it takes to get through the tough times.  Just know you are doing the best that you can and that is all you can do.  Hang in there..keep strong.  Get right into looking for another job and hopefully soon this will all turn around for you.hugs

chinaandback
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM

So sorry you are going though this! Have you checked into resources in your area? Church?  There usually is help for single parents. The Salvation Army has gift programs, I believe.  This happened to me the year my ex left. My daughter was 5. Lost my job a month before Christmas. My parents helped with gifts from Santa. Do you have anyone who can help? Hoping it gets better for you. I also agree with PP about filing for unemployment. 

illneverbeold
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

The poorest Christmas I ever had was as a single mom. I was in between jobs and was working 3 very low paying jobs to get by. That Christmas, my grown kids remember as the best one. We played games and just hung out. 

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:54 AM

I hope things get better. Ask your family for help. Do you get child support?

chicagogem
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:16 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. We went through a season of unemployment during Christmas a couple years ago and I was so stressed, but my kids (and we as a family) ended up having so much fun. We had very little to give to our kids, but it ended up to be one of our most special memories. I pray the same for you and your daughter. And that you will find a great company to land at soon. {hugs}

Southern_Song
by Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 6:35 AM
Unemployment. I'm really one to cringe at begging posts. But will pray for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)