Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend exchanging phone numbers with single mom?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:09 PM
  • 25 Replies
So me and my boyfriend have been dating for 8 months. We have a rocky history. We dated 3 years ago and he cheated on me but figured it was worth another shot. He has two children and I have two children. A single mom at his son’s daycare has expressed interest in setting up play dates but he just kind of ignored the offers. This morning however, he gets a text a little before 6a and it was her. Apparently they exchanged numbers 3-4 days ago. He says she hasn’t mentioned a play date and really doesn’t text much at all. Just here and there. Admittedly, he and I have been a bit at odds lately but I can not understand how this would be appropriate. He says it’s just for the sake of making a new friend and because his son and her daughter get along really well. I’m uncomfortable with the situation to say the least. Do you think I’m overreacting?
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes it doesn't work after a relationship ends due to cheating.
mstasha210
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I, a married woman, exchanged numbers with my dd's friend's dad. He asked for my number then gave my number to his wife to set up play dates. Maybe your bf should pass the info to his kids' mom so they can set it up. I'm assuming she goes up to the daycare too.
DamianzMommy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:41 PM
His son’s mom is not in the picture. He has sole custody.
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

I think it isn't going to work out between you two. There were trust issues before you even tried dating again. 

anotherandree
by Inga on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, I think you're overreacting.
DamianzMommy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:57 PM
I realize I may be. I haven’t fussed or fought about it or anything but definitely trying to sort my feelings. I think the reason it makes me uncomfortable is because this is someone he and I have had a couple of conversations about. So it feels like he intentionally hid this.
awbredux
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The phrase "rocky history" raised a red flag for me. 

Quoting virginiamama71: Sometimes it doesn't work after a relationship ends due to cheating.

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM

If he respected you he would not have exchanged numbers with a single woman or would have at least told you asap due to his history of cheating.  She is interested in him if she is texting before 6am.  Has he told her that he has a girlfriend?

DamianzMommy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM
Yeah, I’m sure that contributes to my concern about this. It’s because it feels hidden on purpose. But we dated 3 years ago then did not speak or anything until the beginning of this year when we ran into each other by chance. So when it ended last time it isn’t like we have had bad blood between us the entire time but his infidelity is why during that conversation decided to hug and go out separate ways. Turns out he had been cheating for about 3 months.

Quoting awbredux:

The phrase "rocky history" raised a red flag for me. 

Quoting virginiamama71: Sometimes it doesn't work after a relationship ends due to cheating.

DamianzMommy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:56 PM
I’m not sure if he has told her about me or not. We haven’t really discussed it because I was upset and needed time to collect my thoughts before I would be willing to talk. This morning was just the facts on his part and I didn’t say much more other than I wasn’t happy about it and that we would need to discuss it later.

If he had talked to me before they began texting and had a reasonable motive for exchanging numbers then I would have expressed my reservations but I wouldn’t have been angry or feel disrespected.

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

If he respected you he would not have exchanged numbers with a single woman or would have at least told you asap due to his history of cheating.  She is interested in him if she is texting before 6am.  Has he told her that he has a girlfriend?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)