Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after a miscarriage

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2018 at 10:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

My husband and I found out I had a miscarriage on December 9, after waiting in the ER waiting room for 13 hours, we were taken to a room and told my hcg was "below 1"

I had an IUD and we weren't trying, but on November 11th, the weekend of our 1 year anniversary, we found out I was pregnant, because of abnormal periods due to my IUD, we're unsure of how far along we were. We had my IUD removed on November 16th and hoped for the best. My first ultrasound was scheduled for the 18th, but we didn't make it that far. The best guess was I miscarried at 6 weeks.

Even though we weren't trying to have kids yet, the pregnancy made us realize how much we didn't want to wait any longer to have children. However, we also know that my body needs time to heal physically and we need time to heal emotionally. How long did you wait after a miscarriage to try to get pregnant again?

by on Jan. 19, 2018 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Welcome to CafeMom!

I am sorry for your loss.

Have you checked with the moms in the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group?

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Three months is generally what is recommended.
Mommy51408
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:38 PM
I'm sorry about your loss.

Good luck to you in the future on creating your family. ❤
Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:15 PM
I lost my baby December 7,1999 and got pregnant with my almost 17 year old April 24,2000.
I would say wait a few months.
I am sorry for your loss.
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 3:32 AM

So sorry for your loss. I lost my second pregnancy 6 yrs ago. I lost the pregnancy 9/27/11 at 7 weeks & we started trying 11/1/11 when I got the ok from my doctor. I took a test Dec 25th and it was a very early test but i was indeed pregnant. I took my time and waited to tell everyone for a while from fear of it happening again. When the doc gave us the 6 week ok to try again I began taking prenatal vitamins. Wait till your doctor gives you the ok and then take it from there. Wait and see how you are doing. Take all the time you need for yourself if you feel the need. Best wishes for you and your husband. Im sending positive vibes your way

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 11:26 PM
We got married in June and I got pregnant right away. I miscarried at about 6 weeks along. My Dr said to wait for 1 cycle and then we could try again. We were/are older parents so we didn't have the luxury to wait many months or another year. I got pregnant the next month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)