Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Get Off The Bottle!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:36 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ladies my son will be two in about two weeks. I think it is time to get off the bottle because I am concerned about his teeth and he wakes up at least three times (usually 12, 2 and 4 am)looking for his bottle.He also won't go to sleep without it.  I have two big problems: 1) my husband WILL NOT work with me because he thinks that he will give it up when he is ready (says the man who had his bottle until 4years) so when I take it away he gives him another and 2) I have a six month old baby as well. So when my son sees his little brother with a bottle he wants one. He doesn't care what is in the bottle as long as he has the bottle. I have tried putting milk in a cup and water in a bottle and he didn't cae. I have tried buying cute cups that have some of his favorite characters on it...didn't work. I don't know what to do.HELP!!

by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM
With your husband not willing to work with you I don't see hoe it can be done. If you are going to take away his bottle and your husband turning right around and handing him another you are going to be fighting a losing battle. Maybe take your hubby with you and your older son to the dentist and let the professional tell him the facts. 
mamadrama07
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:42 PM
You're never gonna get him off the bottle if your husband keeps giving it back to him once you take it away. That's only making it worse. My son took his bottle until he was almost 2. I just had to stop giving it to him, and told him if he wanted something, he'd have to drink it from a big boy cup. It's not easy in the beginning, and they will cry for their bottle (trust me), but you can't give in. It took my son a couple of weeks to finally get over not having a bottle. Good Luck!

preview imagepreview image

preview image                      

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN