Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dont know what to do😣

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2018 at 10:30 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
Imma just get straight to the point ..my toddler drives me insane .ive always thought that maybe this is a fase shes going through shes only 3 ..shes in daycare and i feel bad to know thats my only relief when shes there ..but from the time she walks in the house ans until she lay down she's on 10 overly hyper it takes her a long time to wine down .i literally everynight have to sit up until she falls asleep..is this normal toddler behavior someone advice plz
by on Feb. 15, 2018 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

How does she behave in daycare?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 10:11 AM

Get her checked.  My neighbor had a very very active toddler and he had a brain tumor causing this.  

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 11:37 AM
What do you do together when she's home?
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

She needs a routine. Give her a bath, read to her, then bed.

Kellyjude1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

A routine is best.  Is she getting enough activities during the day?  Sometimes allowing her energy to get out may help.  Some outside actitivies or even taking a walk may help her to settle down at night time.  Is she still taking naps?  Some children are just more active then others.  I agree with the bath time and of course settling down and reading books.  Hopefully she will get better once a routine is in place which may take some time.  If you still feel she is so active talk with your pediatrician and go from there.  

JTE11
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd say I'd start by looking at her sleeping habits. If you're waking her up in the morning she's not getting enough sleep and being overtired can make kids hyper and make it difficult to impossible for them to wind down. If you're waking her in the morning she needs to go to bed earlier. If you don't already have a long bedtime routine I'd start one. Put PJs on just after dinner, have quiet, special play time for about 20 minutes (something sedate like Legos or drawing, no running around or throwing balls, etc.) ,then sit down for a healthy snack with some protein and read to her for 30 to 45 minutes as she eats her snack. Then tooth brushing, toileting, sing her a few songs as you snuggle her and then put her in bed. Do it every night without fail, and eventually it will become habit and she will calm and go to sleep with it, but only if she is getting to bed early enough. At her age she could need up to 13 or so hours of sleep per night, so make sure she is getting in bed with enough time to fall asleep and get enough sleep. My dd was the worst sleeper, and we learned we had to protect her sleep for her behavior to be reasonable. Three year olds are full of energy, but you don't want them to be overtired because that affects so much with behavior. That would be where I would start. If she gets up at 7 a.m. she should be sleeping by 7 p.m. In our house, even though my dd is 7 now we stil start bedtime routine directly after dinner. We eat dinner, she gets PJs on, and we have play, snack and books, and then singing and bed. She usually goes straight to sleep now. It takes up a lot of our evening but it's what is best for her and we are ok with it because we aren't waiting around for hours for her to finally settle down on her own. Good luck.
UpSheRises
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 8:25 AM
What’s your bed time routine like?
othermom
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:26 PM

Do you have a routine with her, how does she behave at daycare?  What time does she get up in the morning?

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:35 PM

get a routine going- if you don't already have one. also talk to her daycare givers( make notes of what they say). make notes of her behavior, sleeping habits at home. make a appointment with her doctor, take your note, list of questions in. my grandson was go go go go even with a rountine. he is adhd.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 7:59 PM

I would have her evaluated by a child psychologist.  Send diagnosis with symptoms and needs to your local public school''s special education department.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)