Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have a wedding planner?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2018 at 12:49 PM
  • 26 Replies
My SO proposed to me. We haven't set a date yet because we both want to pay off some debt (college loans and a few of his credit cards). I've never been married before and I've only been to like three weddings in my entire life. I want to keep the budget down as much as possible but I also want a decent wedding. I was thinking we could get away with spending 5k for the wedding and reception because we don't want something huge. Did you use a wedding planner? Was it worth it? Any other wedding planning tips? TIA
by on Feb. 19, 2018 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheerioHolder
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
No, MIL planned my wedding.

I don't really see a reason to waste money on a planner if the budget already feels tight. Congratulations on your engagement and I hope your wedding turns out perfect.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I enjoyed planning my wedding.
yeehawhoney123
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I planned my wedding, and enjoyed it. I took my time, wasn't stressed, and didn't spend money on someone else doing it.
K3412
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We planned it ourselves. With a $5,000 budget, you can’t afford a wedding planner, honestly.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
If you know what you want then really you can do everything online. I bought my dress on an EBay auction.
Sparkler16
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I did have a wedding planner because as opinionated and particular as I am, I also have a have a hard time making choices lol. She didn't just take over, I did everything with her but she made the planning process go much more smoothly for me because she had so many contacts etc and her fee was worth that peice of mind. With that said, I cut back on other things to allow for that extra cost.
Corieva
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You can do it yourself.
yeehawhoney123
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh! And I spent under $5,000 for everything. We planned for 100 guests and had 80.

Quoting yeehawhoney123: I planned my wedding, and enjoyed it. I took my time, wasn't stressed, and didn't spend money on someone else doing it.
Hiker11
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 2:34 PM
I planned my own wedding but it was very small- 25 people. I do wish I had a day of coordinator though. That would have taken a lot of stress off of me.
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 2:36 PM
This, but also because I enjoyed it. I thought it was fun. I planned my sister's wedding for her too. And if my bff gets married again I've already offered my services.

Quoting K3412: We planned it ourselves. With a $5,000 budget, you can’t afford a wedding planner, honestly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)