Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gardasil 9 Vaccinations

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey Moms, 

I have been doing some research on Gardasil and G-9, and everytime I review it, I get negative comments about it. Like someone is getting permnant headaches, developing health issues, from extremely healthy to very poor health due to it. I have reviewed GOV websites and cancer insitutions (GOV/ORG) and says its all mild. My doctor is pressuring me pretty harshly to have my DD 15 get her's done. My DW is pretty adament as well. And I am like, ehhh.... Maybe I am trusting my guts to not let her do it? Or are the informataion online being stupid and trying to scare me? I want to present this to my DD and have her look at my reasearch, allow her to research for herself, and if she wants it, fine. If she doesn't and has a good reason, fine. (not the excuse of not wanting to have a shot/scared of needles). I want what's best for DD. 

What have I read that were bad? long term headaches, dizziness that last for months or years, immobile to move arms or both for months, paralization, a few deaths, from a healthy althete to not being able to do anything. Developing an auto immune problem after having the first, second and or third shot. 

Have you been thru this? Have your kiddos been through this? I have HPV, and didn't know about the shots until it was too late to even trial them. 

If I could get in more depth of perspective from any of you moms, would help a lot. 

I am skeptical, but willing to hear things out. 

No negative comments please!

by on Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I refused to let my daughter get the gardasil shot.  It's too new, there are no long term studies, they keep adding additional strains to the vaccine so essentially it's a new vaccine all over again.  There are reports of spontaneous menopause caused by the gardasil vaccine due to the ovaries atrophying.  

https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/health-issues/new-concerns-about-the-human-papillomavirus-vaccine

There is no compelling reason for this vaccine.  We already know that cervical cancer is easily treated and cured in early stages and we already have a mechanism in place to do that -- the annual pap smear once a woman has become sexually active.   The vaccine always has been and always will be about money.  

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:42 PM
My daughter got it. No side effects.
Pukalani79
by Ivy on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:12 PM
All of my kids got it. They have had no side effects
FearlessHeart21
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:14 PM
For those who had them done, no side effects, how did you research or evaluate the vaccine?
fatcat0908
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:46 PM
My older two got it and are just fine. I plan to get it for the yongest when she’s old enough too.
Emilysmommy1971
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I am still on the fence, I am just not sure. If I had to let her have it today my answer would be no.

othermom
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:24 PM

My kids have not gotten the gardisil shot and I don't plan on them getting it. Thankfully their pediatrition office doesn't push me on it.

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry, but there is nothing positive about Gardasil. It damages fertility--that is not a mild side effect.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 9:01 AM

I refused to have my dd's get it.  I had a neighbor that her dd fainted and had bad headaches for a while after.  DD's friend had bad side effects.  That was enough for me to say no to it.  

JTE11
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 9:25 AM
I think, for me, that this is one vaccine that I can't entirely support. It's not like your dd is going to just catch HPV walking around on the street. She needs to know that behavior has risks, and that before she gets into a physical relationship with someone she needs to consider consequences carefully, perhaps even be tested for things (both partners). This isn't something that will just attack her out of nowhere, if she doesn't engage in certain activities she will not need to worry about HPV. I don't like the vaccine and what I've heard about it, either, but it's not necessary unless a person is putting themselves in harm's way. People will disagree with me, I'm sure, because, at least on cm, I see a lot of women who view sex as some kind of right that they should be free to do whenever they feel like it, but I don't look at it that way. I see it as an activity that has risks and you have to be mindful about it. And that's why I don't think this vaccine is absolutely necessary, because HPV can be prevented without it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)