Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Earliest signs of pregnancy?? help

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:19 AM
  • 12 Replies
My fiance and I do not use protection. We currently aren't TRYING to get pregnant, but also wouldn't be disappointed if it were to happen. I've been tracking my ovulation like a hawk, and we have been careful to not have unprotected sex during ovulation. (Yes I know it's still possible to get pregnant outside of ovulation dates) - anyway, I'm up with the worst heartburn you can imagine (I never get heartburn) sore, heavy breasts that are tender to the touch (and my period isn't due for another week and a half to two weeks...) , a backache, and headache. I also have experienced a decrease in appetite the last few days. What were your earliest experiences??? Should I even worry until I've had a missed period?
by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
The sight or smell of meat made me ill.
cherylw993
by Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 6:48 AM

heighened sense of smell and excessive salvia.

I didn't experience heart burn until the last month or 2, but everyone is different. 

emarin77
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 9:59 AM

I was pregnant within 2 months after marriage.  After 2 weeks having the home pregnancy test,  I was vomiting green stuff throughout the day.  I was hospitalized and found out I had Gerd.  I managed it by eating no tomato sauce and drinking soy milk.  The last 3 months of pregnancy I was able to eat/drink normally.

I realised I wasn't having my regular period, so that is when I did the home pregnancy test.

B3autifulCha0s
by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 10:05 AM
The earliest I found out was 3-1/2wks pregnant and it was because I got a crazy meat aversion. I couldn’t be around it, smell it, eat or touch it.

With my oldest child, my first symptom was severe heartburn. I remember crying because I felt like my chest was on fire. Nothing relieved it.

It’s still very early but you could try taking a test to see what it says. If it’s negative, give it till you’ve actually missed your period start date.
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 12:10 PM

Boobs hurt and I felt nauseous in the morning.

Scentsy_mama
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 7:47 PM
The only sign i had until i took my tesr was ungodly sore breasts. A few weeks later i could smell literally everything and had morning sickness. The heartburn came later and so didnt insomnia nd weird weird dreams
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:26 PM

Quoting Wildflowerdream: My fiance and I do not use protection. We currently aren't TRYING to get pregnant, but also wouldn't be disappointed if it were to happen. I've been tracking my ovulation like a hawk, and we have been careful to not have unprotected sex during ovulation. (Yes I know it's still possible to get pregnant outside of ovulation dates) - anyway, I'm up with the worst heartburn you can imagine (I never get heartburn) sore, heavy breasts that are tender to the touch (and my period isn't due for another week and a half to two weeks...) , a backache, and headache. I also have experienced a decrease in appetite the last few days. What were your earliest experiences??? Should I even worry until I've had a missed period?

I'll throw this out there. Many of these sound like symptoms of a virus, to be completely honest.

As for getting pregnant outside of ovulation dates, do you track your cervical fluid? You really canNOT get pregnant when it isn't present... I found NFP to be very predictable and spot on using the Creighton model (and like you, we only protected during fertile days when avoiding).

You'll know in no time and as long as you are ready to embrace it, you are in a good spot. Hang in there.

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:15 PM
You could be, but it's probably a week before a test would show anything.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:54 AM
If your period isn't due for 1 1/2- 2 weeks, you're most likely not pregnant as that is when you're about to or have just ovulated. If you have an average 28 day cycle, you will (on average) be ovulating around day 15.
ejkdmom
by Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:08 AM
My advice, act like you're pregnant; no alcohol, take prenatal vitamins, etc. until you get your period.

Signs sooooooo early are hard to distinguish from just the pains and discomforts that life has. My only real sign before I tested positive was waking up with fuzzy feeling teeth. I woke up like I had a hangover but I hadn't drank a drop. I thought it was my period but tested before I took anything just in case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)