Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething Baby remedies !!!HELP!!!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 9:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey everyone!

New mom here with an 8 month old bby thats teething! Any safe remedies you guys recommend that you've tried on your bby that actually worked? So far I've tried teething rings, orajel, and a little bit of motrin for fever and pain. Bby also has diarrhea! what helps?                                                                                                                                                                                                           Thanks!

by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmiJanell
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I swear by amber teething necklaces...  they were night and day difference for my son. 
When my son was teething, we were doing the same... motrin, tylenol, teething tablets, orajel... nothing was helping and he was miserable.  We tried a teething necklace (they just wear it, they don't chew it) and we didn't need any more medications... he had motrin I think a couple of times when he was older and getting molars... but only before bed, not all day.

And with my daughter, we did the necklace from the start... and she never needed medications.  

My daughter also got diarrhea and HORRID diaper rashes with teething... the diarrhea is from all the extra saliva they make, I think.  I would just do foods that are more constipating to help balance things out...  breads, pasta, crackers, banana's, rice, cheese, yogurt

Avoid any fruit juices or other higher sugar foods (even if it's natural sugars) that will make it worse 

And put the butt paste on thick so his bottom doesn't get sore

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I also used Orajel and a cold teething ring. One other thing I tried was to wrap a cloth diaper corner around my pinky and let him gnaw away on it while I held him.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Tylenol or Motrin user over here. The blessing is that it never lasted as long as it seemed like it would. Mine were good sleepers, so teething seemed to mainly affect our nights. I'd put them in epsom salt baths and the extra magnesium would help them sleep deeper and longer. During the day we just did our normal routine and sort of put up with all the chewing and the drool.

EmilyThorne
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I used Hyland's teething tablets for both of my kids and they were amazing.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 7:52 PM
Wet a small baby wash cloth and then wring it out. Tie it in a knot. Stick in freezer until frozen. Once it's frozen, give it to the baby to chew on. The cold hard surface is helpful to the gums and the washcloth part will absorb excess saliva that they always drool out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)