Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about saline drops?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 4:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
So my two boys have caught a bad cold, one after the other. I was reading up on natural remedies to help ease stuffed noses and one was saline drops. So because if didn’t want to run out to the store with two sick kids I made made the homemade one online with just salt and water. Now I used it a couple of times this morning and it seemed to help but now going over the directions I was supposed to have boiled the water first. I did use reverse osmosis water out of my sink but I’m still worried reading all of the articles of brain eating bacteria that can be in tap water. Has anyone else ever used tap water. I’m all worried about this now. Thanks
by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 5:04 PM
I would order amazon prime now, if I were you. It should deliver in 2 hours.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 5:56 PM

You're fine.  If there were a problem with a bacteria in the water, your water authority is required by law to notify you.  Remember, they put chlorine in the water to kill the bacteria.  

If you're still concerned, make up a new batch with boiled water.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 12:48 PM

I am sure they will be fine. You drink the water and I am sure that the cold has more bacteria in their body than your water added to the mix.

lakehousemom
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 4:07 PM
Thanks guys, i’m just a worrier. Seems like this winter has been a rough one at my house as my oldest started kindergarten this year. Seems like he catches one thing after another. Can’t wait for nicer weather.
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 4:10 PM
The osmosis will probably take care of it. Just boil it next time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)