Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
My 4 1/2 month old is coughing all of a sudden. No other cold symptoms, just the cough...what can I do for her? Cough syrup is out of the question due to recalls and she is a little young for it anyway. Help!
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 12:17 PM
Replies (11-12):
ksinclair
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Quoting Jenia312:

My oldest one used to cough so much as an infant.  I gave her Honey.  Sometimes I would squeeze some lemon juice mixing with honey.  It helped her with her bad coughs.  Honey can do wonders.  It actually helps calm the throat from drying out.  It's extremely soothing.  I've used that with all of my kids and still use it to this day.  It's a home remedy.  Hope the baby feels better. 

If it's a stuffy nose, staying under the steam is great!

Good luck.

You are not to give infants honey!  It is a definate no-no food.  Ask your pedi about it.  There is something in it that can do them harm.
Jenia312
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM
NOT THE ENTIRE THICK CLUMPY HONEY!!!!!!!!!!! I HEAT UP MILK ADDING SOME HONEY OR SUGAR UNTIL THE HONEY IS COMPLETELY DISSOLVED BEFORE GIVING THE BABY.

My siblings and I grew up with that due to bad coughs. Well, it's just something I grew up with and learned from.

JUST HONEY ALONE IS VERY HARMFUL TO INFANTS BECAUSE THEY"RE UNABLE TO DIGEST IT. I MEAN WHO"S DUMB ENOUGH NOT TO KNOW THAT, HOWEVER, I NEVER SAID TO LOAD/STUFF/SHOVE THE POOR BABY WITH HONEY.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)