Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM whose hubby's work for company chains piog

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 7:03 PM
  • 1 Replies
I have a question this si for sahms whose hubby's work for chain companies & move them around because i need some advice my hubby got promoted to a store mngr for dominos pizza but he has no store at the moment but when he does get his store & we move is the move easier or is it a hassle?He is currently working in the store as an assisstant mngr right now they are waiting/looking for a store that needs a new store mngr & such.Keep in mind we have a toddler(1yr old)so i need all the advice i can get so i can be better prepared for when the time comes.Right now we are on a mnth -mnth lease.
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MamaGiarnella
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 5:36 PM
From experience, have your husband find out if his company is going to cover relocation costs.  Will they pay for you as a family to go to the new location to search for a home prior to the move?  Will they put you up somewhere temporarily while you search for a new home?  Will they provide you with a company to come and pack and/or ship your personal belongings?  If not, will they cover the cost of packing materials and a rental truck, gas, food, and lodging from the trip, etc.....?
If you know this move is going to happen, start packing some things up.  Get stuff ready to go that you don't see yourself using.  If his company provides packers and movers, they normally don't take candles, paint, flammable liquids, aerosals of any kind...... so if you have any that you want, take it with you in your vehicle.  Also, depending on the time of year of the move, take pictures with you as well as anything that can't be replaced with a new item or money.  Pictures don't do well in hotter temperatures and precious items and important documents  (baby book, SS cards, birth certs., as well as hand-me-down antiques or anything with real sentimental value.... etc) should not be left for the movers to take.  If something happened to your precious things, could they be replaced by a new one or just by giving you money for what it was worth?  Probably not.  So keep that in mind. 
Find out what your husbands company covers for relocation.  Start to pack odds and ends just so you don't have a lot to do all at once when the move happens.  And try to make it fun for your toddler.  Let your little one help pack stuff or read books about moving.  There are websites with ideas to help your little one adjust to the idea of moving and the move itself.  Most importantly, relax.  It'll come soon enough.  Why stress till then. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured