Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 10:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

Good Evening to all of you mom's out there.. I need some advice... My son is 2 years old and is still getting up during the night at least 2 times a night on a good night... any ideas on how to get him to sleep through the night?

Any help would be nice!
Thanks
Amanda

preview image
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Is he napping during the day? or late in the afternoon? What kind of food do you let him snack on before bed time? Does he get outside, and play?
 At night,When he wakes up, what do you do? He should not be picked up out of bed, tell him it's time to sleep.
Amanda503
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 10:58 PM
He dose nap during the day only because he gose and lays down... he usually eat crackers or something healthy be4 bed... and I dont let him out of his bed.. I go in there and try to calm him down...sometimes I just leave him in his room... I dont know  what else to do...
Amanda
preview image
UTZY
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 11:22 PM
now is a good time to start a bedtime routine.   first, do all those personal hygeine things.  then, read to him--in his bedroom.  a short story or a few pages of a chapter book are good.   next, sing a song and encourage him to sing.  talk for a few minutes about his day and plans for the next day.
i finshed, with my guys, by praying for them  and huging and kissing them.  oh--and don't forget the night light and don't forget to kiss the teddy bear, mom!
RikudAtlanta
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Ferberize him.

hollydejah
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 12:36 PM
I know it is hard but try to let him cry it out a little. He just might fall back to sleep.
Amanda503
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:12 AM
Great idea.. I am going to try this...
Thank you
Amanda
Quoting UTZY:

now is a good time to start a bedtime routine.   first, do all those personal hygeine things.  then, read to him--in his bedroom.  a short story or a few pages of a chapter book are good.   next, sing a song and encourage him to sing.  talk for a few minutes about his day and plans for the next day.
i finshed, with my guys, by praying for them  and huging and kissing them.  oh--and don't forget the night light and don't forget to kiss the teddy bear, mom!
preview image
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN