Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

won't take a bottle

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 7:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have a strictly breastfed 3 month old who I have to start leaving with a sitter for 5 hours, one day a week. She screams when she even sees a bottle./ I have gotten all kinds of advice from more natural bottles to syringes, to just letting her miss a feeding and don't know who to listen to. Has anyone who has been in this situation actually found something that works?
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momonajourney
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 7:23 PM
All you can do with her being 3 months old is go with what works...

You may have to try anything and everything until she gets older.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help...

Teresa

www.momonajourney.com

Find out how you can get free Cami, Panties or Bras!

Win a trip to Cancun!

ALIANASMOMMY
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM
my dd would never take one either. my cousin got her son to take one after she just kept being persistent with the bottle refusing to give him anything until he took the bottle i don't know if that an option for you but they will eventually get so hungry they will take it!
arayahope
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Haleysmom,
   I had the same problem.  My daughter was strictly breastfed and we tried to introduce the bottle and she wasn't very happy .... so, what did we do?  We called someone who knows everything ... GRANDMA!!!  She gave Araya a bottle with a little bit of sugar water in it and now she LOVES her ba-ba!  Good Luck!!!
karischub
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Someone suggested Dr.Brown's bottles to me. You can get them at Target or Walmart, they're supposed to be easier for breastfed babies to adjust to because milk comes out in more than one spot. My daughter is 4 months old and she won't take one either. If you find something that works let me know! (It would be nice to be able to go out with my husband. We haven't ever left the baby with anyone.)

AmNic
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Is she giving her breast milk or formula she might just not like the formula or she could be like my daughter never ever took a bottle we tried for six months she just didn't want it. I was going to school so my mom watched her for me and had to spoon feed her breast milk it was the only thing that worked. Good luck! She was about three months old at the time!
threesharelove
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 1:28 PM
I just wanted to say,I hope your daughter gets over this phase, so things will go smooth for everybody. Just try what you think will work. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)