Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Terrible Two's frustrated and ready to CRACK HELP!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son is two and testing me horribly. He screams and throws tantrums he put a hole in the bedroom door with his sippy cup. If he doesn't get what he wants I have hell to pay.  I am not going to sugar coat it I am in tears and so frustrated I don't know what to do. I find myself reacting in anger at my two year old I don't hit I have spanked but only for real danger. I know that my emotion just feeds it and I know he's two and I need a different approach   I read Parenting with Love and Logic and it's great for older kids but he's two and only so much applies and I am having trouble changing my behavior to fit as well.  The real problem is my husband and I have let him get away with it for two (too) long we didn't want to him to be upset. He was 2lbs 13 oz and 3 months early. That's not an excuse I know but it took us a while to realize we were hurting him more than helping him by giving in. I know it will get worse before it gets better I know be consistant. I know I am having trouble implementing it I just react. I am so upset that I don't know what to do. My husband still caters to him Jordan says jump and daddy says how high. He used to sleep in his own bed now it's a fight every night he wakes up his sister 8 mos and I have to contend with both of them we'll get him to sleep and he'll wake up at 2am and stay up, Please does anyone have any tips or tricks. Am I neglecting my son if I have to put him in his room so I don't snap and lose my temper.
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momof31986
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:39 AM
my middle child is almost 3. I have been consistant from the get go and NOTHING works.  She dont listen to ANYTHING I say, SHe does what SHe wants no matter what I do or say and she is hyper and so naughty. I keep hoping it's a phase. I really  hope we both figure out what to do with our children lol  SOmetimes I do put her in her room and walk away for a few minutes I dont think there is anything wrong with that  as long as she can get out and isnt in any danger
hadams4nall
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 12:41 AM
Thank you Its nice to know I am not alone maybe that means it's not me its just a phase they go through. Good luck I'm here if you need to vent too
Challis24
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 2:21 AM
My name is Challis, and I know what you are going through. My daughter who is 2 also and does the same things and I am at me end in what to do. She throws fits, yells, and throws things if she doesn't get her way. I do the same thing and walk away. She isn't in danger or getting hurt. She is in her terrible 2's and she has so much energy and spunk. Maybe they will get over this phase. I don't know what to do about the fits and throwing things. Another thing she does is gets into things that she know she's not supposed to get into. Maybe you can give me some advice. You can talk to me whenever you need to. Will this phase end???
jenijane1980
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 6:25 AM
believe it or not with daughters it does end. mine used to drive me up the wall crazy i would put her in her room go outside smoke a cigarette or two and ball my eyes out then i'd feel better go in and try to be consistent and explain things to her. i have noticed that if you try calmly talking t them they react alot better and mind more than if u scream it at them. don't get me wrong i used to think that scream was the only tone i had. lol my daughter is going on 6 and a wonderful child now. but oh boy something about little boys i guess cause my 3 yr old son is surely testing me. i guess it's God's way of seeing if i'm awake. i don't know what to do about him but love him and ALWAYS be consistent that is the most imprtant thing. cause they may be small but boy they are smart and if u break for a moment they are all over that. good luck with ya'lls kids i'm sure you'll do fine and try to remember they are only young one so d try t cherish them. and i know that we are often busy but if you actually entertain them or give them crafty stuff to do, their little minds just get busy and forget to get into stuff. keep them entertained, that helps alot too

JEN

imabsbgal
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Hi moms! i have a 5yr old boy who was a terrible 2 from birth lol and i have a 17 month old girl who is already getting into the terrible 2s...I have had to start taking my daughter away from the situation that is making her or me angry and i sit her on the couch and tell her no no...she cries and hits things then i tell her no no again, stirnly not scary lol.......its like her heart is broken..and she has started her diva fits... but i explain to her she needs to listen and i have her sit...it seems to do ok..i guess its llike a time out..just let them calm down and have them do something else to take their attention away from what ever started it all......good luck to you all! you will find something that works! Hope this helps
Heather_momof3
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:00 AM
well, i feel u on this subject it must mean it happens to all of us.. I have a 21month old.. he'll 2 in may and omg ... its worse i need help .. its drives me insane i feel like i lost my son... He actually runs to his room and slams the door shut .. (shockingly) but thats not my problem he bangs his head on the floor alot he has bruses all over i feel like plp are gonna think im beating him.. i do spank.. but sometimes i feel like maybe im going over board.. he has started to bang his head on the glass windows now.. im afraid he is gonna get hurt.. i try talking to him.. but certainly this would anger u but he smiles and laughs.. it drives me crazy i feel like nothing will work.. he also gets into alot of things things i have prolly told him hundreds of times not to and spanked for.. what do i do.. we wont listen to me .. lot of plp say its because of our new addtion to our family i recently 3 months ago had twin girls.. but my son was doing this before i had them .. he was doing it while i was pregnant.. what do i do can anyone give me detail advice??.. and another question are urs potty trained because i dont know if ne of u have this problem my son will take all his clothes of plus diaper and poop on my floor rub it in etc.. help !! i cant get him to go in the potty !!! oh i hope all this is a phase nothing more but i feel helpless.. and mom need to vent im here .. and lookinf for freinds to share advice with ..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)