Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Venting

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 8:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
Im just having a rough day or somethin..  My daughter has been such a brat lately..  Shes 3 and acting 15.. Shes been mouthin me, and geting mad about everything.. She wont potty train.. All of a sudden just decided she doesnt want to do it.. My husband has been deployed since august and wont be here til March, and Im afraid I might lose my mind before then..  I dunno its its because hes gone that shes acting this way, or if its because hes gone that Im taking it so hard lol..  I just wish she would stop being so mouthy and stop being so whiny about things.. Its making me batty..  And it seems sometimes when she gets mad she hits herself, or hits her head on the floor.. I guess thats just a fit or something but it scares me..  She just gets so mad and stays that way sometimes.. 
Ive been under some stress lately and been worrying about everything.. getting ready to pack up and move back to san diego and everything.. Its just AHH lol.. Im hoping when my DH gets home that I will feel better lol..  Sorry this might seem kinda wacky but I just needed to vent to someone even if it was a blog haha..  Thanks girls
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
moni1985
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM
wow i read that and i thought "omg this sounds just like me!!"  my daughter has her days when she acts out horribly....just like yours her daddys deployed(army) so some days are hell!! ask if grandparents or other family members will take her for a few hours and get a break.  about that potty training i have an idea that worked on mine. have her pick out her favorite character underwear,  the big girl ones, and tell her that she has to use the big girl potty because the character will get mad and go away. i did that with my daughter and she runs to the potty so she doesnt make tinkerbell mad!! her hitting her head on the floor as bad as this sounds as long as shes not gonna crack her head open let her...she will eventually get sick of it and stop just dont let her see that it gets to you.

i hope i helped and god bless

autumnjoy3
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 9:54 PM
She is probably sensing the change that is ahead. She may also be experiencing the terrible three's. Put her on time out when she gets to far out of hand and give her plenty of attention, hugs, and reassurance that everything is alright and will be fine. I have a three and a half year old so i know exactly what you are going through, just do a lot of praying, relaxation exercises through breathing and stay as calm as you can. Best Wishes to Hubby and you!
Lilypie3rd Birthday Ticker
RubleFamily
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:19 PM
thank you.. i appreciate it

momonajourney
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:26 PM
She's 3 and coming into her own feelings. She is also feeding off your stress.

Kids are more intune to what we are going through than we realize.

When she starts a fit...grab her up, hug her, tell her you love her but you will NOT (very Firmly) tolerate the  behavior... That she is to do (whatever it is you need her to do) and thats that.

Children learn the power of manipulation by 2 years old...They know how to push the right buttons...Don't let her push them...LOL

My one yr old grandson has started already...LOL

The sooner you take control, the sooner you will have a better behaved lil girl...

HTH
DonnaPlusTwo
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:26 PM
I have a 4 year old who is going on 15 as well.  UGHHH!  hang in there, you arent alone

I made $250 last month doing this, and never spent a dime.    http://cashcrate.com/384955

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured