Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! wut should I do?

Posted by   + Show Post
(I posted this on one of my other group sites, and haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback, so if anyone has time, plz help.

Hey everyone!

I have a really personal question to ask everyone, but I am embarrassed to ask my family. Well, this week has been very stressful, my father in law is coming to see his grand daughter for the first time, I have a million things to do before he gets here, Josi is sick for the second time in her life, and we just found out that my husband can't have any time off. On top of that he has to work 12 hour days for 2 weeks in a row, and that includes weekends, which really sucks because I was supposed to start working part time this weekend, and now I can't because I have to be home with Josi.

I am also being weened off of antidepressants from my post-partum depression. I feel really emotional right now, but I can't tell if it is from going off my antidepressants or if it is just from an overload of stress. I don't know what to do, if I should ask my doctor for one more months worth of antidpressants or if I should just deal. I feel like I am capable of just dealing with it, but I don't want to all of the sudden go off the wall. I don't know, I have never delt with depression before having my daughter, so I am not sure what I should do.

If anyone has an idea of options for me, please let me know,
thanx!!
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Replies (11-16):
mommamolly194
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:55 AM
Dont be embarassed!!!! Get a new doctor, preferably a female who has had kids.  Men just don't understand our hormones sometimes.   Get back on the drugs,  Better one more month and get it under control than to go off of them too soon and have to start over!!!!!!! Take the help!!! Good luck we are all here for you.  Being a mom is hard, especially when your at home all day by yourself.  Anyone would go crazy doing that with out kids let alone with them!!!!!!!!
krissymonk
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM
If you are still feeling down that is not something you put off to the side. You need to talk with your Doc and let them know how you are feeling. Like you said you don't want to just fly off the handle one day. Please call your doctor and get in to see them before you are totally out of the meds. Sounds like you may need to go a little longer.
threeboysmama
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM
I think you should get a second opinion. I would hope that another doctor would be a little bit more sympathetic to you. hugs girl you need them take care of you and then you will be able to take care of others!
cashmom62406
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM
While I agree with the others that your doc would know what is best for you, if you truely feel like you can deal then you should,  also with the stress it is actually a good test if you are better now and can be without the meds.  Make sure however that you can get to the doc if neccesary to get the meds if you think you need them.   Be strong and take deep breaths,  and try to relax your mind so that you don't get overwhelmed.  Take everything one step at a time.

Angie Cash

Proud member of

The M.O.M. Team

http://themomteam.com/cashmom62406

parathom0331
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM
i have never been  on antidepressants,even after giving birth to my dead twins in aug.of 2007. I think it could be all the stress because i know when i'm over welmed with things to do, i start to stress bad, most of all when it envolves family. take a step back and eliminate the things you don't have to do at this min. like working i know what you mean when you say you want a job, but it isn't to likley when you have a new baby to think about . give it a year sounds like along time i know, but this old wise women told me the same thing. you will be able to watch your baby go through so many changes within that year, so it will fly by. as for your hubands job, well hunny i don't know what to say ask him to speek with his boss about taking a day out of those 2 weeks off.have him explain the situation.it will get easyer after you stop stressing you will notice how much happyer you are.
momonajourney
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:19 PM
I agree with speaking to your doctor. Stress can cause a relapse in depression so you may need to ween off the medication as well. I've never heard of a doctor telling a patient to just stop.

You are going through a lot right now honey, take it easy on yourself so you can enjoy getting to know your FIL... This should be a joyous moment not a stressfull one.

Maybe with your Hubby having to work, you'll get a chance to really get to know your FIL and build a bond...

Try to put a positive note on this and you'll feel better...OK!

Best wishes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured