Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I will be having a baby girl in 1 month and I still don't have a name for her. Every name I come up with someone has something negative to say about it so can somebody please help me.

by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 3:14 AM
Replies (11-18):
bump2pass36
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Why are you asking other peoples opinions of YOUR babies name.  You need to decide what name you like.  Thats one of the greatest  things about having a baby is nameing (in this case) her.  If you like the name use it don't care what other people say about it.  My oldest sons name is Trevyn I took alot of flack for that but I liked it-it was different and I thought it was awesome.  So stop caring what other people think-care what name you like and go with it.
iluvmygrl
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Dont let anyone have a say on your babies name, its all about what you want not them!! trust whatever you come up with.

my dd's name is pyper emily....everyone gave me a hard time, but when she was born all the hype went away and no one cared about the little things.

~Alissa~ 

mom to pyper emily, and girlfriend to

the most wonderful man in the world.

joshuasmommy831
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:58 AM
I know that it's hard to find names for babies because of the urge to keep everyone in the family happy.  But newsflash....someone will always be upset.  I would just pick one that you like, take that back, love and move on.  It's nobody's business but yours what you decide to name your baby.

I personally like Mercedes, Ashlynn, Johanna, Maggie, and Elizabeth, but that's me.

Nancy Jean 

proudmomofJena
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM
I agree with everyone else its your child, when i had my daughter my husband and i decided to keep the name a secret till she was born needless to say we didnt even come up with a name until a week before. And by then my fatherinlaw thought it would be funny to make up a name for us so he could call her something so he calls her "Emit" which i hate i think he does that just to make me mad though. Anyways im sure what ever name you chose will be beauitful.
stummegirl
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM
make up a name that doesnt have a meaning. like starla or luxie i think shayla is a good meaning, or name her venus  ha ha...after a planet or state or city.
123KiDs4Me
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM
Hey! i think that you should tell everyone who has something negative to say to take a hike! Whats that saying "if you cant say soemthing nice dont say nothin at all" ... tell them that!! lol but im sure whatever you choose to name your baby it will be beautiful!! When i named my daughter (i picked a name the day i found out i was pregnant)and i just had a feeling i was having a girl!! But i got hell for it!! like i was commiting a crime!! I almost changed it because i tend to be a people pleaser. but im so glad i didnt! her name fits her to a T! Her name is

Harmony Onna Nycolle Elyssa Yon B. (<~initial of last name)

My little Honey B!!! I loved it because i asked my oldest daughter what i should name her baby brother or sister and she said "honey" so i thought about it and decided her nickname could be honey and her initials! And her sister can say she named her! which i think is adorable! So she has many names! Harm, Honey, Baby Honey, Bee!! and depending on what she has done wrong or is in deeeeep trouble I may call 2 names 3 or all fo them hahahaha :0)

If i had to pick a girls name it would be Sera. Its kinda like Sarah but the way you spell it means "Princess" and for a middle name id probly pick  Ainsley. im not sure what it means but i sounds pretty with Sera!

So good luck choosing a name!!!!

})i({  Nickole
robertsqueen
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:02 PM

I was going to name my daughter...who turned out to be my son Maddison May...and call her Maddy May for short. but don't worry about what everyone else thinks do what you want to do.

Bethiee
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I think you should chose a name that YOU like. Sometimes I wish I did. I named my baby after his daddy "Andrew" and even tho thats the "tradition" around here I never really wanted to do that. So Andrew is now the 3rd. I was wanting to name him Dryden.  But personally if I ever have a girl I'm going to name her Malaya which is Filipino and it means "Free" :)  Good luck! I remember how many hours I spent looking through name books and such! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)