Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP IM TRAVALING!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:23 AM
  • 6 Replies
hi my name is breanna and im new to cafemom. in a about 2 months i will be driving across the us from virginia to california with my husband and almost 2 year old son in a uhaul truck. any ideas to avoid a nightmare??
-keegs mommy
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
joshuasmommy831
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:08 AM
I would take some of his favorite toys now and hide them.  Pack them with you in the car when you go and give them back to him as you travel.  it's like getting new toys.  I do that with my son's toys every few months so I don't have to actually buy tons of stuff.  I would also bring LOTS of snacks that he can eat on his own in the backseat without making too much of a mess.  Goldfish, gummies, pretzels, cheese cubes, things like that.  Most kids fall asleep in the car so he might sleep awhile.  Also if you can, bring a portable dvd player or a laptop and play some of his favorite movies in the car.  That should keep him occupied.

Good Luck!!

Nancy Jean 

abeswife23
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:26 AM
the thing is we wont have a backseat!!! were towing our care so we are g oing to all be crammed in there in the front seat of a uhaul truck. but thanks for the advice
CafeMom Admin
by Group Admin on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Hi!

It's nice to meet you!

Please feel free to say hello to the other Moms introducing themselves. To send a friend invitation, go to someone's page and click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture.

Here are some links to help you get started...

The CafeMom Getting Started Guide

CafeMom FAQs - Questions and Answers (abbreviations)

Recommended Groups

Click on Find Groups to search by keyword, category, or scroll down to search for Groups by location.

If you'd like to search for information on a topic, you can type in the search bar at the top of the page.

If you like to chat, visit this Group's Chatterbox and join in the conversation!

Enjoy the site!

<<The CafeMom Admin Team
moni1985
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM
have him pick a couple of his favorite toys to play with if you have a portable dvd player pop in his favorite shows...that works great to keep them entertained... and make frequent stops. sitting in those seats makes my daughter incredibly cranky cause they arent that comfortable.
abeswife23
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM
I THINK I AM JUST TRYING TO LOOK FOR SOME MAGIC FAIRY DUST TO PUT MY KIDTO SLEEP FOR 2 DAYS!!!!! I WAS THINKING MAYBE WE COULD JUST HAUL BUTT ACROSS THE CONTRY AND SUFFER HIM BEING CRANKY OR IT COULD TAKE US FOREVER AND HE WOULD STILL PROBABLY GET CRANKY BEUCASE IF WE TRAVEL FOR A WHILE IN THE CAR AND HE GETS BACK OUT EVEN IF HES OUT FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR THE SECOND HE SEES THE CAR SEAT AGAIN HE FREAKS!!!
joshuasmommy831
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Well, it sucks that you aren't going to have the backseat, but I remember the trying to get them back in the car after they've been in it forever.  I know my son is like that.  You will make it through.  Just do the best you can to keep him occupied.  the radio helps.  My son loves to dance and sing and goof around.  He might stay occupied with that for awhile.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured