Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I dunno what to do, never even heard of this before!!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:49 AM
  • 5 Replies
I keep my 3 year old stepson during the day and my SO and i have him every other day (thats wuts in my SO and his ex's divorce papers) but during the day and when we have him at night he will not eat lunch or dinner and it is a constant battle! okay i understand he is three and sometimes three yr olds dont want to eat but the wierd part is he will put food in his mouth and chew it and chew it and chew it and NEVER swallow it he will keep the same bite of food in his mouth 30-45 mins now personally i find this to be disgusting but even when we tell him to swallow the food he says okay and keeps chewing now i just make him sit there until he is done but my SO will put him in the corner or in the bed until he swallows it but even still he willnot swallow his food! Does anyone else know what i can do?
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dolphins54559
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM
Have you talked to his mother? Maybe he does the same thing at home. If not, ask him why he doesn't want to swallow his food, hopefully he will tell you.
"Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away."
FoxyLady42
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:53 AM
 I remember going through this with my son. I got to the point that I would just ask him what he wanted to eat, and it was always mac and cheese or peanut butter....my pedritican said that is fine....give him pedi-lite to drink too, he will get his nutrenints that way too....he will eat better for you when he is hungry.
hollydejah
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:57 AM
My son use to store him food in his cheeks. It was because he didn't have good motor skills in his mouth. He works on that with a speech therapist. Maybe he is not use to the texture or is not use to your food. I don't think he should really be punished because they say when kids are hungry they'll eat don't force them, because they go through growth-spurts
pdelaney40
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:57 AM
My 3yr old granddaughter is the same way when she comes to my house!

try not to make an issue of eating ( I know it's hard ) but they will eat when

they are hungry! even if it's cereal...

sometimes 2 & 3 yr olds don't eat enough to feed a bird!

but if you and you so make a big deal of eating ....... sorry to say....

it's going to be a big deal every meal time :(

good luck  and I hope this advise helps!
kaleighw
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:12 PM
thank u all for your advice i agree he should not be punished i don punish him for it he just has to sit down and eat what he will as far as him eating when he is hungry he wont eat anything that is good for him he will ask for a snack but that did just give me a good idea thank you as far as asking his mom she really is no help she doesnt really care one way or the other just some insight on that i have him every day she drops him off at 7:45 in the morn and on her day wont pick him up until 6:00 at night (his bedtime is 8) so i know more about him than she does.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN