Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

new potty trainee won't keep hands out of pants!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 2:46 PM
  • 1 Replies
My son has been doing great potty training for about a week now, but with his new 'loose' training undies he is feeling free to explore himself and every time i see him he has his hands in his pants.
I tell him not to put his hands in his pants and he laughs and then goes to hide and says 'don't look what i'm doing' like its a game.
I don't want to get mad with him about it (its no big deal really, but i don't want it to become a habit) and i don't want him to think his body is bad or anything but he does it no matter where we are.
I have told him he must stop or he will have to get a pop, but it's not something i really see fit to punish for.
so are their any tips from anybody who has dealt with this?

*ever since he found his belly button as a baby, he would constantly touch it, like a comfort button. he would sleep touching it and when he would get hurt or cry, his hand would go straight there. I hope his pee pee is not his new comfort part!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Sarah_J83
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 2:49 PM
i'm sorry but thats actually kind of funny.  Boys do that though,  he's just found another part of him, and it moves and he can play around with it alittle bit.  He's just being a boy.  just keep telling him no and that its not nice to do that and eventually he should stop
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)