Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

omg please help!! any advice!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
my four month old is teething and has been crying so i gave her some childrens motrin, i gave her 2 1/2 ml but went online and read that im only suppose to give her 1 and a quarter.
omg im freaking out, i have no car or phone, my bf is at work, help!
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 3:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
ashlie617
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:11 AM
thanks guys i feel a lot better now.
july20080305
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:12 AM
um i only have a cell phone and its fine.  my daughter is one and ive never had a problem with it
cure4cf
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:32 AM
the internet mostly goes by age--if you go by wieght she may be fine. if she starts to breathe funny or drool a lot then make sure you get somewhere to call 911. .25 isn't that much more so she should be fine.

you should always have a phone around with a child.

how are you accessing the internet but you don't have a landline?

Bobbi

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls Holly 5 years old & Isabel 2 years old

ashlie617
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:36 AM

Quoting cure4cf:

the internet mostly goes by age--if you go by wieght she may be fine. if she starts to breathe funny or drool a lot then make sure you get somewhere to call 911. .25 isn't that much more so she should be fine.

you should always have a phone around with a child.

how are you accessing the internet but you don't have a landline?

thanks, she seems fine.
i have a land line but the phone isnt working.

mdmom
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:38 AM
yea I only have a cell phone too... my kids are just fine... your daughter should be just fine!
mommyat37
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:51 AM
Call the child's doctor in the morning. They will give you the correct dosage for your child's age and weight. Sometimes the packaging only gives doses for children 2 and older. I'm sure you child will be just fine.
molys
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 5:06 AM

Quoting july20080305:

um i only have a cell phone and its fine.  my daughter is one and ive never had a problem with it

You have been lucky, I hope it stays that way.

My freinds HUSband died because her cell phone died (no land line) it was 3 am and she couldnt call an Ambulance.  Neighboors wouldnt answer the door until it was too late. Heart attack!

Just friendly warning. I used to not have a land line. I love my kids too much to risk it!  The person with the baby should always have a working phone. Cell phones dont always work, you all know this.
4nicole
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:11 AM
There are infant drops & childrens drops, there is a difference in what they use & how much to use. If you used the childrens drops on an infant there might be some worry. If you used INFANT drops, its only a little too much & I would watch the baby closely. I myself did stupidly realized I used a childrens & freak out. I have the INFANT TYLENOL drops which read: Under 24 lbs or under 2 yrs - ask a dr. My drs. told me from 1-6 mnts 0.4, 6-12 0.8 24-35 lbs, 2-5 1.6 which is (0.8 + 0.8) Every 4 hours, not 8 like motrin. IFANT MOTRIN: 12-17 lbs 6-11 months 1.25 in the syringe thing they give you 18-25 lbs 12-35 months 1.875 children 1-6 says ask a dr. And Motrin is Every 8 hours, not 4. I hope all works out for you and God Bless.
ehart1738
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Though it is true that cell phones have the potential of dying, but if you keepif fully charged 90% of the time (not letting it get below two battery bars) and keep two chargers, and electric outlet charger and a car charger, then it's usually fine. I've never had a land line with my son, and my cell has saved us every time we needed it to (and even when we did and I was being the freak-out-over-nothing mommy)

ashlie617
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 1:21 AM
well just to let you all know, she is fine : )
and for all you phone freaks, my land line is working again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN