Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Living with Relatives....sorta miserable!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 10:57 AM
  • 3 Replies
So hubby and I are saving money and living with my parents, brother and his girlfriend and son, and sister. This is crowded now. Eleven people in a 5 bedroom house. I am sorry we even moved back here but it was just to save money. Now our objective is to move to GA in July but it has become miserable because my brother, who is older, thinks he's king of the hill and has a grudge against my hubby for some reason or another. I am getting upset with my brother for acting like a big baby because he doesn't know how to talk to people.  I just need advice for how to deal with this situation before anything drastic happens. Just feeling miserable now.
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momonajourney
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM

That must be rough. Do you have a room you stay in? And if you both have jobs, maybe find some things you both can do like go to the parl on a nice day. Maybe go see other friends as often as you can.

Find inexpensive ways to stay out of the house as much as you can.

squidsmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 9:59 AM
I believe that sometimes things need to come to a head in order for people to realize what they're doing to other's. You have just as much right to be there as he does and you deserve to be comfortable where you are. I say, get the children out of ear shot and have it out like only a brother and sister can. Sounds like he needs to be put in his place because it's not like you're staying in his house
susiestacy
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 10:49 AM
we lived with my b/f's dad for a while and it was awful.  he drank alot and wanted b/f to get back with his ex who he had a kid by.  this was before we had kids together. anyway i thought i was going to go crazy there.  we were there to save $ but i could not take any more so we moved. everything has worked out now. he is very nice to me now but it was bad living there.  i feel for your hubby. it is always worse, i think,  on the one who is not born in the family!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)