Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

QUESTiONS...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
i HAVE A KiND OF WEiRD QUESTiON...WELL ACTUALLY 2 QUESTiONS.

i'M 39 WEEKS PREGNANT & 1 CENTiMETER DiLATED...iS THERE ANY OLD WiVES TALES THAT ACTUALLY WORK THAT COULD SPEED UP THE PROCESS?? i'M SO ANXiOUS TO HAVE MY BABY GiRL iN MY ARMS & TOO SEE HER FACE....

QUESTiON 2....THE WiERD ONE! HA OK...
ON MY LEFT HAND iT'S LiKE MY PiNKY & RiNG FiNGER HAVE A NUMBiNG SENSATiON & iT HASN'T GONE AWAY. iT'S BEEN LiKE THiS FOR A COUPLE DAYS NOW. MY MOM THiNKS SHE JUST MiGHT BE PiNCHiNG A NERVE & CAUSiNG THE SENSATiON BUT iT'S SO WEiRD.

HELP PLEASE!! =)

XOXO THANKS ALOT!

NiCOLE
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
needtochat
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM
  Sorry -that color is sooooooo light ,I couldnt read it
Mom2ZekNYliana
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:39 PM
The only thing I can think of is have sex, lots and lots of sex.  Apparently there is a hormone that is in the man's ejaculation fluid that can set off labor.  Good luck, and have fun!!!
Mommy to Zekeriah and Yliana
macysmama1206
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:41 PM
You could always drink some castor oil.  I did it with my DD and went into labor 12 hours later!  It tastes really disgusting but...mix it with some orange juice and it won't be too bad!  Good luck!
melody525
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:41 PM
Well I don't know about the pain in your fingers. I hope it goes away when the baby is born :) As for wisetales the say spicy food will put you into labor. In fact I had mexican food the night I went into labor! Good luck
sunshinepraying
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:43 PM

For your first question, I agree with the person who mentioned having more sex. I don't know if it helps for sure, but I have heard it does.

I don't know what to say for the second question. You don't have rings on those fingers, do you? You may want to mention it to your OB and see what they say.

-Kelly

beckster_01
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:45 PM
I had the numbing sensation for like the last few months of my pregnancy and my doctor said it was normal.  It didn't go away until like a week after I had my son.  Doesn't it suck!!
Go D-Backs!!!
minimom11107
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Thats what I was gonna say! Have fun trying! Even though I feel your pain and know its really no that nuch fun at this stage! I was in labor for a week before I was dialated enough for them to admit me to the hospital!
Quoting Mom2ZekNYliana:

The only thing I can think of is have sex, lots and lots of sex. Apparently there is a hormone that is in the man's ejaculation fluid that can set off labor. Good luck, and have fun!!!

~*Jessica*~
babyangelgirl
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:54 PM
I have heard lots of different way to try to go into labor or to speed things up, sex is my fav. take alot of walks I know it is cold out but you can go to the mall or your fav shopping center, then of course there is the castrol oil, but eww. Relaxing is key to it to, you need to let you body just do what it is supposed to do, try a warm bath any time of day when you feel tense. The numbing in your fingers is very normal and should go away after birth, I had it in my whole arm just days before I went into labor. Good luck
cutiepie1987
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:36 PM
FOR SOME PEOPLE STUFF HELPS OTHERS IT DOESENT.I HAD SEX SEX SEX AND DIDENT WORK.I TRIED WALKING AND EEVRYTHING NOTHING WORKED.BOTTOM LINE THE BABY WONT COME UNTIL HIM/HER IS READY
yungmamma5488
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM
well, i was in that situation, and i didn't want to have sex because sex had been hurting from like 6 months on. it sucked. i was 2 centimeters dialated and 50% efaced. then the next day i went on a really bumpy ride in a vehical. that night i started losing my plug (eww) lol. the next day i was having labor pains and went to the hospital and 5 hours later, Lemar was born. I dont' know if the ride made it happen, or if its just a coinsidance. good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)