Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
i HAVE A KiND OF WEiRD QUESTiON...WELL ACTUALLY 2 QUESTiONS.

i'M 39 WEEKS PREGNANT & 1 CENTiMETER DiLATED...iS THERE ANY OLD WiVES TALES THAT ACTUALLY WORK THAT COULD SPEED UP THE PROCESS?? i'M SO ANXiOUS TO HAVE MY BABY GiRL iN MY ARMS & TOO SEE HER FACE....

QUESTiON 2....THE WiERD ONE! HA OK...
ON MY LEFT HAND iT'S LiKE MY PiNKY & RiNG FiNGER HAVE A NUMBiNG SENSATiON & iT HASN'T GONE AWAY. iT'S BEEN LiKE THiS FOR A COUPLE DAYS NOW. MY MOM THiNKS SHE JUST MiGHT BE PiNCHiNG A NERVE & CAUSiNG THE SENSATiON BUT iT'S SO WEiRD.

HELP PLEASE!! =)

XOXO THANKS ALOT!

NiCOLE
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Replies (11-15):
erei28
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:50 PM
  Have Sex and walk a lot....
  second i had the same thing but in many different places... it is just the baby sitting on a nerve or there is not a lot of blood flow to that spot. hope that helps good luck!!
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2008 at 7:20 AM
for the first Q.. they say walking will do it.. I've seen many a VERY pregnant woman pacing the store when I worked at Macy*s.. LOL.. didn't even have to ask why... and yes on the sex.. my OB told us to be careful all during my pregnancy about sex, when I got within 2 weeks of my due date, he was like: ok, now you can have lots and lots and lots of sex... LOL...

not a clue about the second one.. Good luck!!
blackisbetter
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 7:39 AM
It is the Ulna Nerve in your left arm that is causing the sensation in those two fingers.  The baby has nothing to do with it but swelling from extra fluid due to the pregnancy could affect the nerve.
JeffreysMom07
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 7:47 AM
I don't know about the first question, but the second one... I have had that with both of my pregnancies. With my DS, I got it at about 35 weeks, but I'm only 25 weeks right now and my pinky and my ring finger on my left hand is completley numb, and I can't really use them at all. It's because the baby is pushing on your spine, where all of your nerves are. It's not a big deal, and there's nothing at all they can do for you. After I had my son, mine went away after about a month. The only thing that I found that helps is trying to use those fingers as much as you can, even though they don't feel like they are working at all. Good luck and post pictures of that baby when she comes out!!
jajamama
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 7:47 AM
sleep is the key if your not sleeping enough u cant go in to labor i was not sleeping and about 4 days over due then it got to 5 days over due and i slept for about 18 hours only getting up to pee or eat a power bar and then when i woke up the final time fealing rested i sat up and my water broke all over the floor and he came out 4 hours later
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN